Convert your video to H.265!
- Reduce the file size of your videos without loss of quality: you can easily divide by 2 or 3 the file size of your videos without sacrifying quality
- That means putting much more videos on your portable media player
- Uses all of your computer's processing power when converting
- Highest quality converter
- Extremely easy to use!
- Just drag & drop your videos and it will convert them all automatically
- Keep all audio tracks and subtitles tracks
- Limit the conversion speed if you are not in a hurry and do not want your laptop to heat
*** Native support for H.265 requires iOS 11, macOS High Sierra, or a 4th generation Apple TV. On older macOS versions, you can simply use VLC (http://videolan.org)
- Fixed an issue preventing conversion of videos with an odd number of horizontal or vertical pixels
- Added automatic detection of interlaced videos and deinterlacing
Ratings and Reviews
The true app for H265/HEVC
I tried all other apps who claim to encode in H265 (including expensive ones like MacX or iMedia Skysoft), and while some of them indeed work with raw videos or raw mkv, not a single one of them works if your video file has a subtitle. This is the only app that keeps your subtitle intact and it correctly encodes to H265 saving precious storage while keeping your subtitle. I’m glad I finally found one app that do this!
Update: Converted some more videos here, and I’m really impressed about the compression ratio, this is true HEVC/H265 technology! Most videos went from 600mb to between 200mb to 300mb, which is mindblower. The sources were already heavily compressed through H264, and this encoder retains a very good quality while saving a lot of storage. I’m really happy that this app exists!
It does seem to work fine.
I read the poor reviews, but for me this application just works, and seems to be fine. I’d been using Handbrake to convert to H.265 and this is definitely easier than that, with three reasonable presets, and large reductions in most mp4 file sizes. I use VLC for playback as Quicktime Player doesn’t seem to support this format, including files compressed by other software. If you have hours of video to convert it will take plenty of time, but so far it’s worked for what I’ve tried.
Great Program for Apple TV 4K
This program does a great job converting my .mkv files. Using the highest quality settings I am seeing a 50% reduction in file size.
I use Infuse to play them on my Apple TV 4K and VLC to view the files on my laptop and either VLC or Infuse on my iPad.
The program will pound your CPU and takes many hours to handle a 25GB .mkv file - it will have you longing for the new iMac pro for sure. I put a few movies in the queue before I go to bed.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.