SuperMemo Application for iPhone
Enough of running to language classes? Everyone speaks at a different level? Loads of books and copies to learn from? The SuperMemo for iPhone application gives you access to language courses that you need, at your level anytime you feel like learning.
With the FREE SuperMemo for iPhone application, you will be able to download the following:
- Comprehensive courses (Spanish, English) with audio at 3 levels (basic, intermediate, advanced)
- Extremes Deutsch, Espaňol Extremo, Extreme English - vocabulary courses covering over 25,000 items (with audio)
- grammar courses for English, German, Spanish and Polish
- Business English course (with audio)
- Chinese Fast Track - This course is aimed at English-speaking users who want to learn Mandarin at the beginner’s level
- Exam preparation courses like BEC Words, PET Words, SAT Words, etc.
- Art gallery, capitals of the world and many more...
Our courses are in 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Polish.
In addition, you can also create your own simple courses supported by the SuperMemo method.
What is SuperMemo?
SuperMemo is a method of computer-aided learning which:
- adapts learning schedule to your individual aptitude and experience
- finds optimum intervals for refreshing information learnt before
- minimises the amount of repetition necessary to maintain your desired level of knowledge retention
- is based on scientific research into long-term memory.
With SuperMemo, you waste no time on revising the material you remember well, because learning is powered by the acclaimed SuperMemo algorithm. With regular learning and revising for just 10 minutes a day, everyone can learn over 500 new words per month with an average retention exceeding 95%.
The features of the application include:
- the possibility of synchronisation with supermemo.net - the online e-learning service
- adjustable level of knowledge retention (forgetting index)
- flexible learning plan
- learning and reviewing modes
- repetition and learning statistics.
The application can be run only on devices with iPhone OS 3.0. (or higher) installed. It has been tested on iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad.
An Internet connection is necessary to download the courses. Because of their volume (e.g. 100MB) using the Wi-Fi connection for iPhone while downloading is recommended, as it reduces the cost compared to the EGDE or 3G technology transfer.
small bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The future of learning, a flawed diamond
Supermemo is an extremely powerful program that will ensure that desired information is always left in your brain. This simple powerful premise highlights the tragedies and triumphs of modern society, namely that 1. Such powerful discoveries have been made in the field of neuroscience and subsequently powerful technology exists to reverse the forgetting curve, and 2. Such technology and discoveries remain neglected in an education system bogged down with berocracy, profits and the usual corruption seen today. There are a few UI problems with Supermemo for ios, but the potential the program has to improve the lives of the population at large is so great, it is very much a tragedy that Supermemo remains the tool of the obsessive autodidacts and will probably become nothing more.
EDIT: to back up your learning progress you can create an account on the SuperMemo web site and sync your progress. It is a shame it isn't backed up on iCloud, but at least there's SOME kind of option available.
my favorite app. but, the biggest problem's that it doesn't support iCloud backup. after changing into your new phone, you always lose all your learing data. what a pity
Promising but needs improvement
Having been a Supermemo addict on the Palm OS, I was glad to finally see it be developed for iOS. This is a good start, but needs some key improvements soon if it expects to win market share. First, there is no way I can find to reverse the "question" and "answer" so that you can be tested or study either way. This is especially useful for languages where you want on some occasions to study from the English definitions to the foreign word, and other times study from the foreign word to its English meaning. Second, there needs to be a way to change the font size of the index cards; the current size is quite small. Third, it would be useful (although not essential) if there were an easy way of converting old Palm OS files into a format that could be used in this app. Alternatively, a desktop software tool that could allow rapid input of large card files would be welcome.
All in all, I'm not quite ready to leave iFlash, which unfortunately lacks the sophistication of Supermemo's repetition algorithm. I hope the creators of this version make some improvements.
- SuperMemo World sp. z o.o.
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Polish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2015 SuperMemo World sp. z o.o.
- In-App Purchases
- GRE Words 1 $4.99
- Extremes Deutsch 1: Grundstufe $4.99
- Spanish. ¡No hay problema! 1 $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.