With SuperMemo language courses you will learn:
• faster than traditional methods, with over 95% of the presented material memorized
• according to your individual learning plan adapted to your skills and pace of remembering
• with recordings of native speakers which allow you to practise your pronunciation until it’s perfect
• online & offline, on your smartphone, tablet and computer – your learning progress is automatically synchronised between all your platforms when you have access to the Internet
• with a wide range of ready courses and the possibility of creating your own learning materials
• with the option of speech recognition and synthesis
Our language courses are perfect for both beginners and more advanced learners
With SuperMemo you can learn to speak:
Types of language courses available:
• No Problem - comprehensive language lessons from the most basic (A1) to advanced (C1) level, focussing on vocabulary and grammar
• Extreme – vocabulary courses
• OK!, Hello! – image-based courses which will help you learn the basics of a language
• Memo the Dragon – language courses for children
• Fast Track – for effective everyday communication
• Phrasebooks – learn vocabulary and phrases to feel confident while travelling
• Olive Green – an award-winning interactive action film for learning English
• Business English - vocabulary and phrases important in management, marketing, presentations and negotiations etc.
Our most important awards:
• The London Book Fair Award in the Educational Learning Resources category, 2016
• British Educational Suppliers Association Award in the Educational Apps category, London 2016
• Gold Dolphin winner in the Online Interactive Videos category, Cannes 2016
There are many programs which have been inspired by the SuperMemo method, but it is SuperMemo which is the source of the original research into spaced repetition and which is still the most effective app for the long-term memorization of material.
Check our website:
Like us on Facebook
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/supermemo
• Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/supermemo-world
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/supermemoworld/
• YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperMemoWorld
-- Premium subscription --
The SuperMemo app offers free and premium courses. All premium courses can be accessed in a single auto-renewable subscription. The first month of your subscription is free and you can cancel your subscription at least 24 hours before the end of this period.
-- Please note:--
· After the first free month, the regular monthly price of 7.90 EUR to 9.90 EUR will be charged to your iTunes Account. Prices differ from country to country depending on local tax and currency rates. The exact price and currency will be quoted at confirmation of purchase.
· Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
· No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
· Any unused portion of the free month period, if offered, will be lost when you decide to cancel the subscription and then purchase it again.
· You can manage your subscriptions and turn off the auto-renewal through your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
For support contact us at: email@example.com
- support for new courses
- minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Quite good with premium content available
I use this app daily to learn German and French vocabulary. These courses are paid add-inns but really worth the price. Each item has sound samples of the question and answer, and 2 example sentences with the sound as well.
You need to disable some distractions like background image, photos and translations in order to make most of the courses, but after some adjustments the app gives the user real power to learn very fast.
4 stars instead of 5 because the app is not optimized for one hand usage. Buttons are far on the left side. When you grab the phone with your right hand the buttons are not reachable with the thumb. Not optimized for the OLED screens. App should support the dark mode.
Missing vocabulary courses for several main languages namely Russian, Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew and Simplified English (or American English if you like 😊). Nevertheless for some of those languages SM offers good courses, but not vocabulary centric.
Default settings are just ridiculous. Only a genius may learn 30 new vocabulary items a day. User needs to manually adjust this limit for each course. Otherwise will get overwhelmed with the repetitions of the recent items, thus getting no real benefit of learning the new items.
SM Team, please bring your old American English course to this version of SM. I'm willing to pay quite hefty donation if you'll do it.
Thanks for your good work
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much for a detailed opinion on the use of our application. We will take it into consideration. It's not true that the paid courses display a picture for every item - it depends on the courses. For example, on the Extreme series, you can turn the pictures off. You can also change the default settings for the number of new daily items.
edit: Now you can decide if you want to see the wallpaper - to turn it off go to settings menu.
Doesn't appear to work, bad user experience
Long time Anki user here frustrated by this apps user experience.
I go in, I download a course (which takes a horribly long time even though it's only 55mb), and then there's no way to start learning the course. I clicked the options but that only has stuff about resetting and deleting. I clicked the course itself but that did nothing.
At one point the button to create a memo worked. Now it's not enabled anymore, why? I have no idea, the app certainly won't tell me.
I tried to send feedback through the contact form and after writing a nice note received a 503 error from the server meaning it didn't get submitted, and the error erased my entire message so I had to start again from scratch in my next attempt which also just errored out.
Also, subscription service? I'm willing to pay (purchased the 25 dollar anki app) but 120 bucks a year in perpetuity?
And not only that but you're supposed to pay 120 bucks a year for courses which don't even have descriptions, much less things like authors so you could see how qualified the creators are.
Developer Response ,
We want to apologize for the problem you encountered. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to help you.
Awesome app to help remembering using optimum spaced repetitions
I have beef using PC version of supermemo for years and really enjoy its results. Using it to learn is languages and just broaden my vocabulary. If used regularly everyday it really helps remembering due to serving the repetitions in optimum intervals of time - just before you forget it
Developer Response ,
Thank you very much!
- SuperMemo World sp. z o.o.
- 102.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2019 SuperMemo World sp. z o.o.
- In-App Purchases
- SuperMemo.com Premium $9.49
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.