SuperMemo Application for iPhone
Enough of running to language classes? Everyone speaks at a different level? Loads of books and copies to learn from? The SuperMemo for iPhone application gives you access to language courses that you need, at your level anytime you feel like learning.
With the FREE SuperMemo for iPhone application, you will be able to download the following:
- Comprehensive courses (Spanish, English) with audio at 3 levels (basic, intermediate, advanced)
- Extremes Deutsch, Espaňol Extremo, Extreme English - vocabulary courses covering over 25,000 items (with audio)
- grammar courses for English, German, Spanish and Polish
- Business English course (with audio)
- Chinese Fast Track - This course is aimed at English-speaking users who want to learn Mandarin at the beginner’s level
- Exam preparation courses like BEC Words, PET Words, SAT Words, etc.
- Art gallery, capitals of the world and many more...
Our courses are in 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Russian, Polish.
In addition, you can also create your own simple courses supported by the SuperMemo method.
What is SuperMemo?
SuperMemo is a method of computer-aided learning which:
- adapts learning schedule to your individual aptitude and experience
- finds optimum intervals for refreshing information learnt before
- minimises the amount of repetition necessary to maintain your desired level of knowledge retention
- is based on scientific research into long-term memory.
With SuperMemo, you waste no time on revising the material you remember well, because learning is powered by the acclaimed SuperMemo algorithm. With regular learning and revising for just 10 minutes a day, everyone can learn over 500 new words per month with an average retention exceeding 95%.
The features of the application include:
- the possibility of synchronisation with supermemo.net - the online e-learning service
- adjustable level of knowledge retention (forgetting index)
- flexible learning plan
- learning and reviewing modes
- repetition and learning statistics.
The application can be run only on devices with iPhone OS 3.0. (or higher) installed. It has been tested on iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad.
An Internet connection is necessary to download the courses. Because of their volume (e.g. 100MB) using the Wi-Fi connection for iPhone while downloading is recommended, as it reduces the cost compared to the EGDE or 3G technology transfer.
small bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
my favorite app. but, the biggest problem's that it doesn't support iCloud backup. after changing into your new phone, you always lose all your learing data. what a pity
Do yourself a huge favor and get this app! It's got a few problems, yes, but they are inconsequential compared to what this app will do for you! In a word, using this app means you will never again forget anything you will need to remember! (Students, are you listening?) I haven't bothered to buy any of the lessons (the French is pitiful!). I just use the free app and create my own files. If you're a student, make a separate file for each of your courses. The program will make sure you know the material, and then will come back to refresh your memory at ever increasing intervals of time. If you screw up, then you're immediately back to daily drills until the program feels you can be trusted. I'm a French teacher and recommend this to all my students--and I use it daily for my own learning. (An additional plus is that you'll never have boring moments or down-time: Standing in line at the bus stop? supermarket? traffic jam? Whip out SuperMemo and learn something!)
Promising but needs improvement
Having been a Supermemo addict on the Palm OS, I was glad to finally see it be developed for iOS. This is a good start, but needs some key improvements soon if it expects to win market share. First, there is no way I can find to reverse the "question" and "answer" so that you can be tested or study either way. This is especially useful for languages where you want on some occasions to study from the English definitions to the foreign word, and other times study from the foreign word to its English meaning. Second, there needs to be a way to change the font size of the index cards; the current size is quite small. Third, it would be useful (although not essential) if there were an easy way of converting old Palm OS files into a format that could be used in this app. Alternatively, a desktop software tool that could allow rapid input of large card files would be welcome.
All in all, I'm not quite ready to leave iFlash, which unfortunately lacks the sophistication of Supermemo's repetition algorithm. I hope the creators of this version make some improvements.
- SuperMemo World sp. z o.o.
- 19.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Polish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2015 SuperMemo World sp. z o.o.
- In-App Purchases
- GRE Words 1 $4.99
- Extremes Deutsch 1: Grundstufe $4.99
- Spanish. ¡No hay problema! 1 $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.