SurgeChaser is a utility for Uber drivers that helps track and chase the surge. Create checkpoints, enable notifications, and receive notifications whenever the surge exceeds the threshold you set (custom to each checkpoint).
Ratings and Reviews
Don't waste your time with this.
For starters, it's a useless app because it doesn't update fast enough. The surge sometimes has already been surging for sometimes a minute or two before the app notifies you of the surge. I've been notified of the surge when it already has gone down. Also, there is a feature called "near me" it's supposed to notify you when there is a surge wherever you are currently located, but this does not work correctly. And lastly, if you report a bug, or send an email to tech-support they don't respond. Too bad, it's a good idea but poorly managed and executed.
So far this seems like a decent tool for all drivers. It would be nice if there was a help section. There are a few questions I would like answers to.
1. When you place a checkpoint, what is the radius that it covers? Do I need to place a pin for each business I want to watch?
2. Is there a way to go back and look at the surge history for a pin I have placed?
3. Do I need to keep the app open in the background when I am out driving? Will that ensure that I get notifications in a timely matter?
GREAT replacement for...
Great replacement for a feature Uber removed from their own app! Remember how they bragged about surge notifications as a feature to help drivers earn more? Then they removed it w/ no notice? ::slow clap:: The free trial period is very generous. Recommended for all "power drivers".
- Michael Siedlecki
- 6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2016 Michael Siedlecki
- In-App Purchases
- Surge Chaser Premium (1 month) $4.99
- Surge Chaser Premium (3 months) $14.99
- Surge Chaser Premium (1 year) $44.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.