Discover hot gay men nearby with the fastest-growing gay dating and social networking app on Apple App Store. Whether you’re looking for dating, friendship or a long-term relationship, Surge is here for you.
We’re an open platform where you can be yourself while looking for hot guys. We live by the motto NO LABELS, so it doesn’t matter if you are a Bear, a Twink, a Jock or a Show Queen. Come for fun and search through thousands of profile pics to find your perfect guy. Try Surge and change the way you approach new, sexy guys.
• We created a super-fast gay dating and social networking platform that changes the dating game.
• Dating for gay men has never been sexier, faster, safer and easier!
• Have fun and let loose as you search for the perfect guy to match!
Searching with Surge:
• Browse cute gay men nearby by Swiping Right to “like” a guy and Swiping Left to “pass.”
• If you match, start chatting with your guy for more fun and to learn about them.
• Upload a sexy profile pic or 5 public and 3 private pics to your profile from your photo album, Facebook or Instagram.
• Send videos and photos to a cute guy that vanish after a couple of seconds.
• Send a private pic to share your current location in a private chat.
• Use ''Power Like'' so that hot guy will see that you like him before he swipes left or right on you!
• Share your current mood on Surge by adding an emotion-based status update to all your connections.
• We offer 1 month, 3 months and 12 months options starting from $3.50/month.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Premium Account Upgraded Functionalities:
• Private Mode – be visible to only the gay men you liked.
• Who Liked Me – see everyone interested in you.
• Locked Photos – view private pics of hot hunks you’re into.
• Mind Change – search and edit your previous decision (like, dislike) about someone.
• Location Change – modify your location to discover men from different cities.
• Edit search – modify what type of guy you’re looking for, like a Bear or Twink.
• Fingerprint security – protect the app with a fingerprint sensor.
• Messaging – message only those hunks who you have match with.
• Private mode – be visible only the men you liked or match with.
• Profile photos – protect your pics and make them private.
• Chatting – send photos that disappear after a couple of seconds.
Surge is FREE to use and quick to sign up with NO ADS. Download today to find sexy studs in your area.
Photos depicting any type of nudity, sex acts or porn are strictly prohibited. Any publicly exposed nude or naked photos will be removed. You must be at least 18 years old to sign up for Surge.
About our Premium Auto Renewable Subscriptions:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Surge is a ALL PAY app
I am tremendously disappointed. I was under the delusion that the app operated somewhat like jack’d or some of the others where perhaps there might be intrusive advertisements but you would still be able to talk to those that liked you. The reviews that I read now seem suspect. Many eluded to the prospect of being able to talk to your likes for free in an abridged interaction. That is not the case at all. Without paying you are unable to even see the people who claim to like. The app parameters of operation are misleading at best and deceptive if the truth where applied. Signing up is free but so what if all of the functionality of the app is inaccessible. I was able to speak to one person, whom I don’t recall liking, who turned out to be this unemployed non school attending gamer with obsessive fatalistic tendencies. WTH! I imagine he was allowed to contact me as a lure to get me to sign up for the paid services. Finally and very importantly, except for one person, I believe if I am recollecting properly, none of the people I was presented with was less than 3.5 miles away from me. Not exactly in the immediate vicinity. Being that I reside in NYC that is pretty telling in terms of scope and reach of this apps prescriber base. I will be deleting this app for all the reasons mentioned and more. Utter waste of time.
Thank you for your feedback. We understand you do not like that the premium is paid. But we also have a lot of other great features that are absolutely for free. Thanks to the prize we can develop and support the entire community. If you're interested, you can try one month of premium for free. You'll see if you like it. Please contact our technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sleek/Easy Interface, Lots of Potential
I do like the interface of Surge, it’s easy to use, friendly to trans and non-binary genders, and it’s basically an all gay app like how can you not love that?
My only complaints lie in how people out of your set distance and age range can like you but if you don’t increase your range, then you’ll never be able to match with them + this is probably just due to a lack of users, but for my set parameters and in my area, I ran out of swipes super fast and have only gotten one or two new cards per day, if that. Had it not been for an admin granting me a free one month trial, I wouldn’t have even known that these people were way outside of the parameters I set.
For instance, I’m looking for 18-23 guys, yet I’m getting a ton of 30-50+ guys ultimately don’t mind when it comes to making friends, it makes scoring a lasting relationship very hard when little to no one comes close to what you’re looking for, both within and especially outside of the things I’ve set. If the app can improve on that and hopefully grow and see more new users, I’d happily give you guys that last star.
Update July 21, 2018:
I found that expanding distance really does help, but I guess there’s just not a lot of people around my area to begin with. Hardly the developer’s faults though! I’m happily giving that last star for the great user service and the general usage of the app.
Christopher, thank you so much for your feedback. We're doing our best to have as many users as possible :)
Perfection for Gay Dating
The little extra features are way more thought out and beneficial than Dating Apps like Tinder, Grindr, etc.. I’ve met chill guys, gentlemen (who are more wise than my 27 year old self) and great to get advice and guidance from. I’ve bet chill buddies that I have a lot in common with, and I’ve also met a few more serious potentials. The vibe isn’t dirty and slutty like Grindr and Scruff and these boys are super nice and not Pervy. I highly recommend it and the little extra per month for the Premium is completely worth it. I guarantee you that you will find a love interest in a week or two with no issue. Also the team member for San Diego named Martin is a total babe and super sweet. The only upsetting thing about the entire app is that I’m pretty sure he’s already taken. Total bummer but life happens. So stop reading anymore reviews and give it a shot. Seriously, what exactly do you have to lose? The answer is nothing, so good Surging to you Byeeeeeeeeeee
- Surge Gay App s.r.o.
- 85.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Surge Gay App s.r.o.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Membership $6.99
- Premium Membership $9.99
- Power Like Small $1.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.