A COMPLETE CURRICULUM MODULE
Survive Global Climate Change utilizes character-driven storytelling to outline a wide range of human impacts on the environment through global climate change. Each story depicts a middle school student, in the year 2063, facing a survival situation caused by global climate change; including pollution, rising sea waters, and an ice age. The question is...How do we survive, and what can we do now to prevent this from becoming a reality?
TARGET GRADE LEVEL: 6-9
• A complete digital curriculum
• Animated stories
• Text-based science information
• Links to additional resources
• Group review questions
• Practice quizzes
• Assessment with results e-mailed to the teacher
• All printable pages
MEETS THE FOLLOWING NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS
Practices For K-12 Science Classrooms
• Asking questions
• Constructing Explanations and designing solutions
• Engaging in argument from evidence
Cross Cutting Concepts
• Cause and Effect
• Energy and Matter
• Stability and Change
Disciplinary Core Ideas
• MS-ESS3 -2 Natural Hazards and Catostrophic Event
• MS-ESS3-3 Human Impact on the Environment
• MS-ESS3-4 Human Consumptions impact on Earth Systems
• MS-LS2-4 Changes to an ecosystem affect populations
• MS-LS2-5 Maintaining Biodiversity
• MS-LS21 Effects of resources on Organisms in an Ecosystem
ABOUT THE CREATORS
Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University partnered with Kenowa Hills Public Middle Schoolers and science teachers to create this media as part of the EPIC project. The science content and assessment were developed, researched and verified by Kenowa Hills Public School students and teachers. The animated stories and graphic user interface were created by KCAD Digital Media students. The Development (coding) was powered by the the KCAD Framework created by Digital Concierge.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing application! Can't wait to share it with my nephews!
You can't do anything but listen to people talk about global warming
I will destroy this app with my fidget spinner
- Kendall College of Art & Design
- 96.9 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.