If you are a dental surgeon or dentistry student this is the application for you, it reviews the various suturing techniques used in oral surgery.
For each suture you will find:
- a VIDEO demonstrating how to perform it,
- its advantages,
- its drawbacks,
- ts indications.
The videos were filmed using silicon models to make them as clear as possible. With V. 2.0 we added clinic videos.
- How would you perform a post-extraction cross suture on a patient taking anticoagulant medication so as to keep the haemostatic sponge in the socket in place?
- How would you perform a simple continuous suture after multiple extractions and/or alveolar ridge correction?
These are just two of the questions this application answers. In both cases, a loop suture would have been less effective and a waste of time.
The list of suturing techniques dealt with in this application, which currently stands at 9, will be gradually increased with free updates. Today 15 with V. 2.6.
We would be glad to receive your suggestions and comments.
No Internet connection required after purchase (a few minutes)
OS 4.3 or later necessary.
iOS 11 update. New design.
Ratings and Reviews
I like it
Very clear Video of multiple suturing techniques. I was looking for a general surgery suturing video but didn't find one. I think there is one that has a lot of other information, but also costs a lot more. At any rate, very happy with this one. Very simple to follow, along with explanations for why this or that suture technique is used.
Good solid app
I am a 4th year dental student and I
have used this for about a year now.
- Frederic Elharar
- 259.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009, iPhormation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.