swackett for iPad — a different kind of weather app
By AGLogic, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
swackett 2.0 for iPad
The Visual Weather Report
swackett® is a fun new way to look at the weather. We communicate weather forecasts visually by presenting people symbols (peeps) who always appear appropriately dressed for weather conditions. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports suitable for people of every age.
If it happens to be cold outside, swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? swackett peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella. This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
A Version 2.0 Series swackett App
swackett for iPad is our first version 2.0 series swackett app. Every facet of the swackett interface has been refined and upgraded — including peep displays, weather photography, weather icons, watches and warnings and more.
Power Packs: New!
Extended functionality has been added to swackett with Power Packs. swackett Power Packs are the foundation for all weather-savvy functionality, and are infinitely upgradeable and extendable. Power Packs in this app include:
• Forecast details
• Watches and Warnings (US)
• Peep IQ
• swackett Classic
• Peep Wars
• This Day In Weather History (in-app upgrade)
• Weathergram (in-app upgrade)
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• swackett Peep Packs (Editions) to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• Fixed problem with notification manager hanging app on launch in iOS 7
• Fixed bug with low temperature displays in timelines
Not as good as the iPhone version
I had both the iPad and iPhone versions of the app on my iPad. I found the iPhone version much nicer to look at and a lot more intuitive than the iPad version. The iPhone version with the little button on the bottom allowing easy access to any of the views in the app is much quicker, nicer looking, and easier to use than the view options on the iPad version. In addition, it uses screen space more efficiently than the iPad version in my experience. Because of this, I deleted the iPad version from my device and will continue using the iPhone version instead. I'll give a star for the fact that the disable ads in-app purchase works for both the iPad and iPhone versions.
new layout is not usable
I have loved swackett and all of it features even the silly people and clothes. All very fun. But most importantly all the weather information I need was in place for easy access and very user friendly. Since the new reboot the app is virtually unusable. The meaningful information is contained in less that 1/4 of the screen, the rest is filled with FLUFF!!! It is so frustrating to not be able to read the hourly weather because the font is weird and too small.
PLEASE GIVE PEOPLE THE OPTION TO GO BACK TO THE LAST VERSION OF SWACKETT IF WE WISH.
I tried the original layout option but it is not great either. The last version before this one was very easy to read, use and enjoy. This one is a disappointment.
iPad version has forgotten basic computing logic.
I love this app and have recommended it to everyone I know because of its ease of use and clarity do information displayed. I was close to going premium to remove the ads (which I normally do when I am satisfied that the developer is finally paying attention to the product instead of just putting something out there), but this version has me cringing. If the intention is to monetize the app by going glitzy, well, you've succeeded. Glitz is however a turn-off because of the forecast showing night-time low with daytime icons, not enough user settings, etc.. Will you be fixing these issues?