Swackett Classic™ — Weather, Fashion and Fun!
By AGLogic, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**As seen on the TODAY Show (NBC)
**swackett X named a Best of Mac App Store 2011 app
Swackett Classic: The Visual Weather Report, with some Very Special Xtras
Swackett Classic includes all the functionality of free version of Swackett® plus some very special extras, including:
• Completely Ad-Free (no ads)
• Select Animated Peeps (falling rain, falling snow, wind , you can see the breath of peeps on cold day, plus lots of extra surprises)
• Gorgeous HD Wallpapers (Weather Photo Backgrounds)
• All screens work in any orientation (with free swackett® some screens work in only one orientation)
• Preferred Startup Tab: The Ability to select a default tab to always show at launch
• Longer Radar Animations: 3-hour radar loops (where available)
Swackett® is a fun new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, Swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? Swackett peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? Swackett peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for today, tonight and tomorrow
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 5 days
• Local, regional, state and national full-motion radar images (where available) with rain, ice and snow color mapping
• Smart watches and warnings with push notification to iOS devices (available currently only in the US but coming soon to other countries)
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
• Swackett Editions to keep forecasts fresh and fun
• Seamless multi-platform location synchronization (Mac, iPhone, iPad, Web).
• The ability to share forecasts via Facebook, Twitter and email
• Built in PeepCast Radio
Swackett® is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
What's New in Version 1.0.8
• Minor performance improvements
I see great potential for this to be the best weather app. I wish it combined more of the free version with the paid app because I really loved the format and the insights section it was easy and all inclusive. Maybe on the page with suggestions for things to do just put in the insight page I love the suggestions on clothing and idea but it could definitely use improvement to make the app look cleaner. I also think you should take out the two peeps and let people choose for either male or female because I use this just for myself so I don't need both and if I can tell by one I can usually gage the other or easily change it. Making it slide over two pages is a bit long and takes up space that could be used for other more efficient things
Favorite weather app but...
This has been my favorite weather app for years. Forecasts are accurate, the radar & alerts are great, I love the peeps & animations. But I have one pet peeve with the iOS version. The forecasts screen will get stuck in the zoomed in mode if any of the tiles are flipped. It's next to impossible to get them all flipped back over to get out of the zoom, because as you scroll through turning them right side up others flip over. It's a vicious cycle & extremely frustrating. Other than that issue it's an excellent app & still my favorite for weather.
App "works" ergo, it does pretty much what it claims it going to do. Thats the only reason I tacked on two stars. Beyond that it encourages you to make an account? You're a weather app, making an account and/or sharing anything from your app is the social media equivalent of #3 on the top 5 list of posting sins; the "omg guys its RAINING!" Post. Stop it. Then theres the fact that it looks like something a 16 year old built for my iPhone 3G. Feels a lot like using to a website from the 90s, ya know the kind riddled with flash ads and with a xynga-esque image tiled back splash. Glad I only paid .99¢, was worth it for the nostalgia of experiencing aol online all over again.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 14, 2013
- Version: 1.0.8
- Size: 4.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AGLogic, LLC
- © 2013 AGLogic, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 1950s Edition$0.99
- The Little People Edition$0.99
- Undergrad Edition$0.99
- swackett EMBED for non-profit$9.99