• As seen on the TODAY Show (NBC)
• Selected by Apple as one of "New Apps and Games We Love" and featured on the Home Page of the Mac App Store (June 2018).
• The #1 weather app for the Mac in 55 countries (June 2018) with millions of users worldwide and over 2,500 5-star ratings.
Your Visual Weather Report
Swackett® is a whole new way to look at the weather. We convert complex weather data to easily-understood, visual weather reports designed for people of every age. Our unique approach is to combine raw weather data (current conditions, radar, and detailed forecasts) with thoughtfully crafted people symbols (called “peeps”) who always appear appropriately dressed for the weather.
If it happens to be cold outside, Swackett peeps appear dressed in winter hats, coats and boots. A hot, sunny day? swackett® peeps appear wearing shorts and sunglasses — and they even remember to bring along drinking water and sunblock. Rain? Swackett peeps appear with rain jackets and an umbrella.
This is a fun, fresh and truly useful weather report experience for people of any age.
Forecasts and Imagery
• Current weather details
• Visual forecasts for the next hour, today, tomorrow and after tomorrow
• Minutely forecasts for the next 60 minutes
• Hourly forecasts for the next 24 hours
• Daily forecasts for the next 7 days
• Local and regional, state radar and satellite imagery where available
Comprehensive Weather Details
• Temperature and “real feel” temperature
• Dew point
• Wind speed and directions
• Sunrise and sunset
• Precipitation amounts for rain, ice and snow
• Percent probability of precipitation
Swackett PRO Features
(All PRO Features are Enabled in this version of Swackett)
• Dark Mode (macOS 10.14 Mojave savvy)
• Activity Peeps
• Upgraded Radar Resolution
• Radar Animation Loops
• WeatherStation Mode
• Location Management
Swackett is fully compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave.
Swackett is the simplest, most easy to understand, most accurate weather forecast available. swackett’s Visual Weather Report is enjoyed by design-savvy professionals of every discipline, educators, students, the very young (and very old) and just about everyone in between.
• Full Support for macOS 10.14 Mojave
• Dark Mode Overhaul and Upgrade
- Swackett will adopt Light or Dark modes based on the current macOS setting (requires macOS 10.14 Mojave)
- Users can override the macOS setting to view Light or Dark mode at any time
• New Holiday Easter Eggs!
Ratings and Reviews
Update - Pro features now working
Update: Swackett tech support has been very responsive to my issue regarding Pro features not being enabled and that issue has been resolved. I would rate Swackett support five stars for their efforts in getting that issue taken care of. I still have an issue with low resolution radar maps, but I’m hopeful that will be resolved as well. It is clear that Swackett is committed to supporting and improving this product.
Just purchased and installed V5.1.1 expecting to have all the Pro features available. However, none of the Pro features are available in the current download. I have submitted a support ticket regarding this to Swackett. I recommend not purchasing this until the Pro features are enabled as advertised. I will update this review pending the response from Swackett Support.
Developer Response ,
PlanoBill — please see your updated support ticket. We have a tech note about this: https://sweaterjacketorcoat.com/support/having-trouble-with-your-pro-features/
I just downloaded this app for $9.99 and I was expecting the Pro features but where are they? No radar, which is really why I downloaded the app in the first place. I’M NOT PLEASED!! What’s up with this? I’ll be looking forward to an explanation of some kind very soon!! OR REFUND MY MONEY!!!
Developer Response ,
Hello Fitbrotha! Radar and Satellite imagery come standard in all Swackett apps (not a PRO feature). Depending on your country, up to 4 levels of imagery are available. Select “Local /Radar Imagery” from the View menu to change between views.
Revised earlier rating
It wasn't a Mojave update causing my loss of Swackett but it was thru the great developers of Swckett that I have it back. Great team - great app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks Jas! We were able to trace the issue to one of the IP address services we use. It was not related to Mojave. It impacted a small number of our users — and has been corrected.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.