You are a newly appointed Lord in charge of a small castle. Manage your castle's finances, hire troops, resolve conflicts among the peasants, and bring order to the realm. Expand your power through war, diplomacy, or stealth. Whether you rise or fall is up to you in Swamp Castle.
"Swamp Castle" is an interactive novel by Philip Kempton where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based--102,000 words, without graphics or sound-effects--and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
• Manage the economy of your province by controlling the tax rates.
• Decisions you make impact the story and your ability to rule your subjects.
• Fight against raiders and even other Lords.
• Choose between decisions that could help your subjects or give you additional power.
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "Swamp Castle," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
This was just like a game on pen and paper me and my friends used to play, we always called it "maps" (the main paper was a fantasy style map we drew). This game was so great I couldn't put it down. It did feel short but I know it's a lot of work. However it would be nice if you updated it and added more little by little so it isn't one of those games that you play once the delete. This is definitely your best game.
4 stars really
Rated at 5 to offset what seems to be unfair reviews in my opinion. Few spelling errors and the like in text. Amazing concept. Has potential to be better if more descriptive, and historically accurate in some areas.
Very, Very challenging game mechanics and story choices. This may actually be fun for some readers or really, really anger other readers. It has multiple Ok-ish endings that are disappointingly short.
You can win at everything if you make the right choice.
It is aggravating to play half way or more into the story and then die if you don't make the right choice out of multiple options.
Best Choice Game I've ever played
I love these micromanage-kingdom builder games and this was the best one I've ever played. Well constructed and fun. Took me a few tries to get a good ending but once I did I felt amazing. There is however A LOT of spelling errors and grammatical mistakes but the fact that this game was so fun makes me overlook it's. 10/10
- Hosted Games LLC
- 13.7 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Philip Kempton
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Advertising $2.99
- Restart the Game Once $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.