Sweet Home 3D is an easy to learn interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house in 2D, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
Sweet Home 3D is aimed at people who wants to design their interior quickly, whether they are moving or they just want to redesign their existing home or office. You may:
• Draw walls and rooms of your home from scratch or upon the image of an existing plan, on one or more levels.
• Change the color or the texture of the walls, the floors and the ceilings, importing images of your own patterns if needed.
• Drag and drop doors, windows and furniture onto the plan from a catalog of 1205 objects organized by categories, in which you can import 3D models created by yourself or downloaded from the web.
• Customize the size, the orientation, the elevation, the colors and the textures of each piece of furniture.
• View the changes in the plan simultaneously in a 3D view, in which you can navigate either from an aerial view point, or from a virtual visitor view point.
• Create a photorealistic image of your arrangement depending on the time of the day and the light sources placed in the plan.
• Create a video from a virtual path in the 3D view.
• Annotate the plan with room areas, dimension lines, texts, arrows and a compass rose.
• Print the home plan and the 3D view or export them in files at PDF, PNG, JPEG, SVG, OBJ standard formats, to reuse designed homes in other software.
• Added the ability to rotate and slide openings in more than 60 doors, windows and furniture
• 24 new 3D models, including a mannequin which can be articulated
• Added price management for furniture when a currency is selected in preferences
• Added support for math expressions in numeric fields
• Added menu items to flip selected objects
• Added support for multiline texts with alignment
• Managed offsets to shift textures and the pattern of dashed polylines
• Allowed polylines and background image to be displayed also in 3D
• Many other enhancements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Very capable program
I’m remodling a house and love several things about this program. It’s much easier to work in the metric system, so I do all dimensions in metric, but in the USA lumber and some other things are still sized in inches. This program allows you to quickly change back and forth. Very handy to avoid mistakes. Also works as a converter. What I don’t like is I’d like to be able to draw my own furniture, windows, etc. that aren’t in the library. Pretty much all I can use this software for is the walls, which is very helpful, but I have to use similar objects sized to my sizes. Sure would be nice to be able to draw simething with lines and curves then convert it to an object. Overall, excellent value for the money. Being able to turn layers off is very handy because you can include all sorts of mostly irrelevant dimensions that you need to build but can make vanish for the larger overview. The 3D and rotation is useless to me, I only use plan view, but I’m sure some folks use it.
Great App for the Weekend Project Warrior
I have used this app successfully to remodel a kitchen, and bathroom. Now I am working on modeling the whole home. Originally i used the free version, but decided that this is WELL WORTH the money spent. I find the app intuitive and easy to use. I quickly start making progress from the minute that I turn it on.
Is this as good as a commercial CAD program? Probably not, but I also don;t have the $1200 to pay for it and the 6+ months to learn it.
I highly recommend this app.
Does a lot!
There is, as with any new software app, a learning curve. Some of the instructions are of great value, but nothing is perfect. After getting the hang of it, as it were, I was able to
spot furniture resembling my possessions just wehre I wanted in a potential new abode. It was most helpful to me, as one not able to visualize such things, in knowing what items to keep and what to sell as well as knowing in advance placement of articles. And the 3d with rotation, etc., made things even brighter and more valuable.
- Emmanuel Puybaret
- 217.2 MB
- Graphics & Design
- OS X 10.8.3 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Bulgarian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2005-2018 Emmanuel PUYBARET / eTeks
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.