Swift Player ~ Speed Up Video & Audio Playback ~ YouTube, TED, Lectures, Tutorials, News, Podcasts, Audio Books, Music, etc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Player to speed up video and audio playback directly from your favorite websites like YouTube, applications like DropBox, iTunes Library, etc. Play it faster to save time or download it for offline viewing and play it anytime.
There is so much amazing content available for free; fascinating talks, interviews, lectures, how-to's, tutorials, news, etc, and not enough time to get through it all.
With Swift you can speed up playback without changing pitch to save yourself time, slow it down to grasp complicated topics, or download for offline viewing. You can understand speech at a much faster pace than it is spoken, so take advantage and optimize your time. It's like speed reading but without the learning curve.
• Access media using a built-in Web browser, iPod library, Camera Roll, apps like Mail and DropBox, or transfer to & from your computer via WiFi and iTunes file sharing. Audio books, podcasts, video and audio, basically everything that your device plays will work in Swift.
• Play local or Web videos at variable playback speed .25x - 3x, all while maintaining pitch. Speed up to save time or slow down to grasp complicated topics.
• Download video & audio from your favorite websites for offline playback. You won’t have to be tied to an internet connection to enjoy great online content. You can even open downloaded files in other 3rd party apps.
• Save files to camera roll, with the adjusted playback speed applied.
• Pinch to zoom video for easier reading of slides and presentations.
• Add multiple bookmarks & notes. You can jump between them or export them via email. Make it easy for yourself to find those key moments when you need them.
• AB Looping between bookmarks makes it easy to learn specific sections, great for music or language tutorials.
• Play History keeps track of all the files you've played. Downloaded files even revert back to links when you delete them, so you can always have access to your history.
• Content Played & Time Saved tracks your valuable time. Will you play twice as much in the same amount of time, or play the same in half the time?
• Sort, search, and organize your library into folders for quick access. You can even import multiple files at once using zip files, via 'open in...', iTunes File Sharing, WiFi, or downloading directly from websites.
• Many Bluetooth devices support phone calls (HFP 1.5) but not media playback (A2DP). With Swift, you can use them.
• Swift currently supports the same file formats that the native iOS player does.
For a quick demo, go to http://tapparatus.com/swift
SOME BEST FREE VIDEO & AUDIO SITES
YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, TED, Big Think, Solve For X, MIT Video, Open Yale Courses, Academic Earth, WatchKnowLearn, Khan Academy, CosmoLearning, Math TV, 5min, Howcast, Videojug, The NYT Video, Huffpost Media, Wall Street Journal Video, Reuters Video, Guardian, etc...
For more, check out http://tapparatus.com/swift/directory
What's New in Version 1.13
- Allow to change pitch algorithm that's more suitable for voice.
- Bug fixes.
This is the first review I’ve ever written, and I own over 700 apps. This app is the first (in nearly 6 years of iPhones & 2 years of iPads) that has motivated me enough to write a review. I think it’s certainly one of the best (if not THE BEST) app I’ve ever purchased. I am in no way affiliated with the company who published it. I especially like the ability to easily adjust the speed WHILE watching/listening. I have used other apps to listen to audio podcasts faster than 1x, but this is the first app that really does a GREAT job speeding up videos, while keeping the audio tonality PERFECT. I appreciate being able to pick basically any speed, as some videos work better at different accelerated speeds than others. My intent is to be able to view video courses / tutorials, and I typically prefer watching them at somewhere between 1.25x and 1.4x. I also really like the ability to make the “Jump” time selectable (between 10 seconds and 1 minute). I have used other apps that seem to have “issues” while playing videos with AirPlay (from the iPad or iPhone to an AppleTV), such as the audio & video losing synchronization, and/or complete drop-outs. This app has NEVER lost synchronization, nor had ANY drop-outs. I’m an absolutely 100% HAPPY CUSTOMER! Thank you!!!
Okay, here's the bad...
The app has been great, but only when watching a video that don't need to be downloaded.
DOWNLOADING: Since I'm a teacher who has to share an internet line with quite a few others, the capability to download video is what I really need in order to save videos (which I have to do after hours) for later viewing. Downloading on this app is barely functional. Let me rephrase that. Downloading on this app is only sometimes barely functional. Most of the time it doesn't work at all. Unless you have blazing fast internet, downloading video on this app doesn't work. The capability of downloading + being able to watch videos faster was what I was paying for and I only got half that. I have another app that is able to cache video like a champ. I was hoping to get an all-in-one here, but I guess I'll just have to keep using them both. I'm a little disappointed, but I'm hopeful for a fix. This app could be absolutely amazing.
Med Students' Dream
This app has saved me so much time in medical school, since I can watch my lectures at up to 3x the speed of the normal video and take notes by pausing it when needed. I've never had any problems with it, and I've been using it for seven months now. I love the easy finger flick controls, and it works so much easier than the other app that I started with (Azul). SWIFT WAS COMPLETELY WORTH MY MONEY!
EDIT Dec 2014: I have started having problems. It will close multiple times before playing my video, and if I minimize the app for a while and come back, it will play from the beginning AND from where I left off at simultaneously.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 26, 2014
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Danny Babiy
- © 2014 Tapparatus
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.