SwiftoDo Desktop is a minimalist, keyboard-driven to-do manager for Mac OS X that conforms to the todo.txt format spec.
- Full compliance with the todo.txt format spec.
- Support for due date (due:), threshold date (t:), recurring tasks (rec:), and hidden (h:1) tags.
- Fully keyboard-driven, with one-key bindings for commonly-used commands.
- Sorting, filtering, and full-text searching.
- Multiple selection in the task list.
- Archive completed tasks (to done.txt), either on command or automatically.
- Preserves Windows or Unix line endings in the todo.txt file for cross-platform compatibility.
- Undo/redo support.
- Copy/paste functionality for task list.
- Displays general metadata (task counts, etc.) about the task list.
- Dark mode support for MacOS Mojave.
# ARE YOU NEW TO THE TODO.TXT FORMAT? SEE WHAT IT OFFERS:
## A task list that *you* control
Your task list is a plain text file, not some proprietary format owned by a company or locked to a specific application.
## A simple and timeless format
Plain text is the simplest file format there is. It will always be accessible, by some kind of application, forever.
## Few rules to learn
Learn only a few simple formatting rules (which SwiftoDo will take care of for you) to indicate task priority, task completion, and so on.
## A GTD-ready system
The todo.txt format was built with Getting Things Done in mind. It supports projects (which begin with a “+”) and contexts (which begin with a “@“).
## Use alongside any app on any platform
This app plays nicely with file sync software. It saves changes instantly, and reloads the file when changes are detected from external sources.
- Added dark mode support for macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Rebuilt on the macOS 10.14 SDK.
- Minimum system requirement is now macOS 10.14.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Mac OS app for ToDo.txt GTD task management!
Have used for nearly 18 months now - strong, simple, easy to adapt viewing and tagging and, ultimately, easy to get more things done!
Great little GUI for todo.txt conferment to do list
This is a great little GUI for todo.txt conferment to do list. I like the line through for done tasks and the colors for projects.
Excellent Todo.txt Application
If you use the todo.txt methodology to track GTD (or even a simple to do list with this nomenclature) you should seriously consider using this application for your Mac. I have been a todo.txt devotee for several years and used an app on my iPhone (Todo.txt) and a basic text editor on my Mac. I found sorting and organizing to be difficult in the text editor and needed a better solution. I found it with this app. It has color-coded contexts, projects, and dates. The developer was very responsive to a small bug I found and had a fix submitted to the app store within 3 days of my email to him. This type of responsiveness gives me even more confident in my selection.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.