SwiftoDo Desktop - task list for todo.txt
By Michael Descy
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SwiftoDo Desktop is a minimalist, keyboard-driven to-do manager for Mac OS X that conforms to the todo.txt format spec.
- Full compliance with the todo.txt format spec.
- Support for due date (due:), threshold date (t:), recurring tasks (rec:), and hidden (h:1) tags.
- Fully keyboard-driven, with one-key bindings for commonly-used commands.
- Multiple selection in the task list.
- Archive completed tasks (to done.txt), either on command or automatically.
- Preserves Windows or Unix line endings in the todo.txt file for cross-platform compatibility.
- Undo/redo support.
- Copy/paste functionality for task list.
- Displays general metadata (task counts, etc.) about the task list.
# ARE YOU NEW TO THE TODO.TXT FORMAT? SEE WHAT IT OFFERS:
## A task list that *you* control
Your task list is a plain text file, not some proprietary format owned by a company or locked to a specific application.
## A simple and timeless format
Plain text is the simplest file format there is. It will always be accessible, by some kind of application, forever.
## Few rules to learn
Learn only a few simple formatting rules (which SwiftoDo will take care of for you) to indicate task priority, task completion, and so on.
## A GTD-ready system
The todo.txt format was built with Getting Things Done in mind. It supports projects (which begin with a “+”) and contexts (which begin with a “@“).
## Use alongside any app on any platform
This app plays nicely with file sync software. It saves changes instantly, and reloads the file when changes are detected from external sources.
What's New in Version 2.4.3
- Keyboard shortcuts such as Command+Left and Command+Right (for remove priority) were being fired when a task is being edited, which rendered some of the common system text editing-related keyboard shortcuts to not work as expected.