SwiftoDo - task list for todo.txt
By Michael Descy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SwiftoDo is a modern, powerful todo.txt app for iOS. It is a task list built specifically for the todo.txt file format, and allows you work with your existing todo.txt files via Dropbox sync.
- Full support for the todo.txt file format
- Dropbox sync
- Archiving completed tasks to done.txt
## Supported Todo.txt Format Extensions
- Due date tags (due:)
- Threshold date tags (t:)
- Recurring tasks (rec:+1w)
- Hidden tasks (h:1)
## User Interface
- One-touch edits to change priority, due date, etc.
- Select and edit multiple tasks from the task list with one-touch edits
- Pickers for inserting priority, projects, contexts, etc.
- Numerous sort presets, with grouping
- Powerful filtering capabilities
- Full-text search
- Two task list styles ("Default" and "Classic")
## iOS 9+ Integration
- Universal app for iPhone and iPad
- Live filter split view in landscape on iPad, iPhone 6 Plus, and iPhone 6S Plus
- Slide-over and split-screen multitasking on iPad (great for having tasks side by side with your favorite note-taking app)
# ARE YOU NEW TO THE TODO.TXT FORMAT? SEE WHAT IT OFFERS:
## A task list that *you* control
Your task list is a plain text file, not some proprietary format owned by a company or locked to a specific application.
## A simple and timeless format
Plain text is the simplest file format there is. It will always be accessible, by some kind of application, forever.
## Few rules to learn
Learn only a few simple formatting rules (which SwiftoDo will take care of for you) to indicate task priority, task completion, and so on.
## A GTD-ready system
The todo.txt format was built with Getting Things Done in mind. It supports projects (which being with “+”) and contexts (which begin with a “@“).
## Use alongside any app on any platform
With Dropbox sync enabled, you can sync your task list with any app on any platform.
What's New in Version 1.6.2
- Added a button to the Sort picker that enables or disables secondary sorts. Secondary sorts move higher priority tasks to the top of each sort grouping. When secondary sorts are enabled, after the sort type you pick, the app will sort tasks by priority, completion state, due date, threshold date, and order in file. When secondary sorts are disabled, the app will sort tasks by the sort type you pick, then by order in file.
Best I Found
There seem to a handful of todo apps with todo.txt support and DropBox sync. Luckily, this app executes both wonderfully and I am relieved to finally be able to add, edit and complete tasks on both mobile and the desktop. The developer seems to be active and the app is well designed. I do wish the colors on the app icon had a bit more pop. I also hope there's widget functionality to come in a future update. But the app so far has been worth it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 14, 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 26.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Descy
- © 2016 Michael Descy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.