SwissTrains for iOS is the application that allows you to see and interact with the amazing Swiss Railways Network, one of densiest and punctual in the whole world. The figures behind it are quite impressive: the railroad network has more than 5,000 km in length and inside which run daily ca. 15,000 trains that generate 150,000 timetables stops across 1,800 stations.
- Display all running trains: at a moment in time there are more than 700 trains.
- For each train you can see the stops and navigate to their position on the map.
- Display all network stations: there are more than 1,800 stops.
- For each stop you can see the upcoming departures and localize the train.
- 3D-mode of the network, amazing city-detail level views for Bern and Basel.
- Jump in time and pre-visualize traffic: i.e. check the new Gotthard Base Tunnel.
- Fast-Forward mode: you can accelerate the network traffic and enjoy the animation!
The animation is based on the official data provided by http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch
The project is inspired by the web version of #SwissTrains created in 2007
Designed and engineered by:
This app cannot be held responsible for any late, missed or changes to the timetables on any journeys made by you, which have occurred by the operator or due to construction works. This is not the responsibility of "SwissTrains" to ensure that any routes are operating correctly, but it is the responsibility of the operators who run these services.
Thank you for using this application! Please don't forget to support this app by leaving ratings, sharing it or just sending me any feedback you might have.
What's new in the version 1.3:
- Timetables change: The application uses the latest timetables data published on December 2017
Ratings and Reviews
- Live Modus
- M23 Solutions GmbH
- 46.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Vasile Coțovanu
- In-App Purchases
- Support Further Development $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.