Switchboard lets you chat in new ways. Some of the things you can do:
- Communicate Hands-Free: Train a few voice commands and you’re ready to go. Great when you’re on the move / at the gym / running / walking etc.
- Dual voice & text messages: We transcribe voice messages so that you can send both a text & voice message simultaneously. The recipient can choose to read or listen, and the sender doesn't have to worry about correcting transcription mistakes (like they do with the keyboard input mic) or misinterpreted tone.
- Create hotlines for specific friends and groups (you can hear them without having to answer, like channels on a walkie-talkie). You control who gets access to you and when.
- Keep conversations (voice & video) open for as long as you want. Talk spontaneously and intermittently like you’re hanging out in the same room. The audio only transmits when voice is detected (saves data, battery, and less noise), so you don't have to hang up.
- Listen to music together with an open voice/video conversation. The music volume automatically adjusts only when someone talks. Listen to your own music, or sync your tunes.
- Slack: Turn Slack channels into audio channels. Make Slack hands-free. Leave voice messages that transcribe into text and get sent into Slack channels. Awesome for teams!
- Video chat: yes we have this too. Check out our always-on video + music experience at www.switchboardaudio.com/music.
Learn more at www.switchboardaudio.com
Dash Radio integration. New Chats tab for quick access to recent conversations, texts, and voice messages. Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Cool concept, battery killler
This is a well executed concept (though a bit buggy and flaky).
However, during the 13 hours I’ve had it installed, it’s used 69% of my battery for 21 min on screen and 8.2 hours of background usage. With proper use of push for background activity, that total should be a tiny fraction of the actual amount.
Would give it 4 stars if the battery drain wasn’t horrendous.
Developer Response ,
You're right, and we're working on that now. We're implementing a battery saving mode. We've been aimed primarily at use cases where you can be plugged into power thus far, but we should have a more battery-optimized version that allows you to keep the app running while mobile in the next couple months.
Standups and silent discos
Great app for remote teams to do standups and stay in touch through the work day and the music sharing feature is awesome to keep family and coworkers listening to tunes together
Had to delete
Could not onboard my team easily. Not intuitive, thus we passed on opportunities at this time. Great idea set, but needs a bit more tweaking.
- Synervoz Communications Inc.
- 159.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Synervoz Communications Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.