Swords and Crossbones: An Epic Pirate Story is a comedic role play adventure. Duke A. Blizzardo the most feared pirate in all the seas has kidnapped your friend and employer. Hook up with a zany crew of swindlers, cut throats, and hooligans in this whirlwind adventure involving ancient treasure, pirate lords, tourism, killer parrots, and mad mad monkeys.
Explore the islands of the Antipodal Archipelago. Sail the three oceans, including the volcanic waters and the frozen seas. Find ancient shipwrecks, battle for lost treasure, build and upgrade your pirate ships to accommodate your ever increasing crew!
Organize and develop your own pirate island. An entire build mode lets you manage the exact layout and functionality of your hideaway as you use it as your base of operations for your escapades.
Customize the load-out of each and every battle ready member of your pirate entourage. You'll need every sword, every buckler, and every ability you can spend your points on for the dangerous flintlock and cutlass filled battles that await you!
• Tactical combat! A well crafted turn based tactical RPG full of nuance and depth!
• Upkeep your pirate island! Build and expand, even turn it into a tourist attraction to rake in the dough!
• Sail the ocean! With over a dozen islands to explore, there's a lot to see, and to fight, there's monsters, treasures, and more!
• The Antipodal Archipelago! The island chain you'll pirate in is a strange place, the frozen waters to the north and the volcanic seas to the south have their own mysteries to be discovered!
• Daring battles! Defeat the ten pirate lords of the archipelago and stop their terrible reigns of terror!
• A customizable crew! Gather up miscreants and scalawags, each with their own set of skills and abilities to help you on your quest!
• A grand adventure! Discover the lost treasure of the Cenote, go on daring rescue missions, and battle interesting enemies and fauna, such as zombies, parrots, monkeys, royal soldiers, and more!
• Fixed a building that never gets unlocked. Now it can be obtained from a quest, and for the players that have already completed the quest, the building will get unlocked automatically.
• Made all the monster-only battles be winnable by capturing the monsters. Previously they required the player to defeat the monsters.
Ratings and Reviews
From PC and Mobile
I fell in love with turn based games because of this game. I love the cute aspect of this and I haven't played on my PC much cuz it was too easy with a very slow leveling curve, but I'm shocked to see it free on IOS. I've been playing since day one, eat my power spike MetalMouth
I love this game. A real pirate adventure on the high seas. Very addictive and it took me hours and hours (20 at least) to play through the story and I'm still exploring, building and filling my zoo and aquarium. Entertaining and funny too.
Great concept, UI and balance problems
This is a great game. Fun characters and story, good art, and lots of upgradeable elements.
Unfortunately, the upgrading is where there are problems. First the most obvious: This game does not fit on an iPhone 6 screen. Probably not anything else the same size or smaller. Some of the UI elements are partially or entirely hidden. Unfortunately, this includes the "decoration" scores for buildings that you might want to upgrade, leaving you wondering how the hell the game mechanic is supposed to work.
The second problem is balance. As mentioned above, I can't upgrade any building so they are all at the basic level. I've only outfitted the pirates with whatever items (weapon) they came with. Despite this, after I gained a few levels there was never a fight that presented a challenge.
Some of the other game mechanics are flawed, too, though not as significantly.
If the UI was fixed and combat actually became difficult, this would be a fantastic game.
- Bossland GmbH
- 85.7 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © Epic Devs LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.