Swiftly: Real-Time Transit App
By Swiftly, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Swiftly is your accurate, seamless, and community-driven urban transportation app. Enjoy more precise arrival & departure predictions, official service advisories, and real-time reports from fellow riders working together to make the daily commute faster, more efficient, and more enjoyable.
Swiftly also helps you find the fastest and most affordable ways to get around town by analyzing real-time pricing and travel times across various modes of transportation, including public transit, rideshare, scootershare, biking, walking, and more!
SUPPORTED TRANSIT AGENCIES
• AC Transit (Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District)
• Boston MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority)
• BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)
• Denver RTD (Regional Transportation District)
• Eastern Sierra Transit (ESTA)
• LA Metro (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority)
• LADOT (Los Angeles Department of Transportation)
• Portland TriMet
• Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
• San Francisco SFMTA Muni
• San Francisco PresidiGo Shuttle
• Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
• Southeast Vermont Transit (MOOver)
• Tahoe Transportation District (TTD)
• Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
• Vancouver TransLink
• Beautifully designed and 100% free: No Ads. No login required.
• Accurate Transit Arrivals: Swiftly has developed a more accurate real-time transit arrival prediction algorithm, called Transitime, to provide you with more accurate arrival and departure times. These predictions are accurate up to 20% more often than most current city-wide systems and bus stop signs.
• Real-Time Routing: smart routing that helps you compare real-time prices and travel times between public transit, Uber, biking, and walking. Get step-by-step directions to anywhere around town.
• Service Advisories: Swiftly automatically looks at official service advisories, Twitter, and reports from fellow riders to help you find and avoid transit issues, in real-time.
• Live Map: view vehicle locations, in real-time.
• Uber: view real-time Uber ETAs and surge pricing estimates.
• Scoot: compare the travel times and prices of electric Scoots across San Francisco
What's New in Version 1.17.0
Two key improvements:
- Trip duration estimates now better incorporate real-time information
- The UI now indicates when predictions are based on scheduled rather than real-time data. Our goal is to provide the most-accurate transit information, but the reality is that is not always possible, such as when there are issues with the location hardware on vehicles. If we are unable to provide predictions based on real-time information, we now indicate this by adding a clock icon next to the prediction and hiding the to-the-second countdown
hit or miss arrival times
Sometimes the BART arrival times are right but often theyre nowhere near right or missing altogether (the app does not show ANY arrival times...).
I have arrived to no train anywhere near while the app optimistically said it was 2 minutes away multiple times now...
Great app, new problem
This app is amazing, love how it shows exactly where the buses are... I used it every day until the last update, because it now includes "scheduled" buses. Well the buses in SF are never on schedule, so I end up waiting for the next bus all the time...which is what I would be doing without the app. It's just not convenient any more and I am disappointed in an app that used to make my life easier by telling me when the bus would actually show up instead of when it was supposed to.
Best transit app and more
Swiftly is just brilliant! After trying several other transit apps Swiftly is my favorite. I use it almost daily to find which bus will get me to my destination the fastest. I love the simple interface, and the info on when the next bus will arrive is very accurate. I also like the choice it offers between transit, bicycle and driving directions. Great job, guys!