Swiftly is your accurate, seamless, and community-driven urban transportation app. Enjoy more precise arrival & departure predictions, official service advisories, and real-time reports from fellow riders working together to make the daily commute faster, more efficient, and more enjoyable.
Swiftly also helps you find the fastest and most affordable ways to get around town by analyzing real-time pricing and travel times across various modes of transportation, including public transit, rideshare, scootershare, biking, walking, and more!
SUPPORTED TRANSIT AGENCIES
• AC Transit (Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District)
• Boston MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority)
• BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit)
• Denver RTD (Regional Transportation District)
• Eastern Sierra Transit (ESTA)
• LA Metro (Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority)
• LADOT (Los Angeles Department of Transportation)
• Portland TriMet
• Santa Monica Big Blue Bus
• San Francisco SFMTA Muni
• San Francisco PresidiGo Shuttle
• Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA)
• Southeast Vermont Transit (MOOver)
• Tahoe Transportation District (TTD)
• Toronto Transit Commission (TTC)
• Vancouver TransLink
• Beautifully designed and 100% free: No Ads. No login required.
• Accurate Transit Arrivals: Swiftly has developed a more accurate real-time transit arrival prediction algorithm, called Transitime, to provide you with more accurate arrival and departure times. These predictions are accurate up to 20% more often than most current city-wide systems and bus stop signs.
• Real-Time Routing: smart routing that helps you compare real-time prices and travel times between public transit, Uber, biking, and walking. Get step-by-step directions to anywhere around town.
• Service Advisories: Swiftly automatically looks at official service advisories, Twitter, and reports from fellow riders to help you find and avoid transit issues, in real-time.
• Live Map: view vehicle locations, in real-time.
• Uber: view real-time Uber ETAs and surge pricing estimates.
• Scoot: compare the travel times and prices of electric Scoots across San Francisco
Two key improvements:
- Trip duration estimates now better incorporate real-time information
- The UI now indicates when predictions are based on scheduled rather than real-time data. Our goal is to provide the most-accurate transit information, but the reality is that is not always possible, such as when there are issues with the location hardware on vehicles. If we are unable to provide predictions based on real-time information, we now indicate this by adding a clock icon next to the prediction and hiding the to-the-second countdown
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, very reliable!
I use public transportation every day around SF for work and have been on the lookout for a better, more reliable, and easy to use navigation app than the other ones that are out there. Swiftly gives the minute by minute (and seconds too!) countdown, and so far has proven to be very accurate. You can even set favorites for regularly used routes and locations... I just wish I could set more favorite locations (you are limited to 6 or so) and that it would have a "leave by"/"arrive by" function. I do like, however, that it includes waiting time in the total travel time prediction. Huge fan!
Best Muni App So Far
I have tried virtually all the Muni apps. This is by far the best so far. It is very user-friendly, and it contains one feature that will make it useful to SF visitors: the ability to see exactly where your bus is on its route. How many times have we seen visitors frantically looking at the inadequate tourist maps and (maybe) at their cell phone at the same time trying to figure out where they are on the route? Not a problem with this app. Otherwise for Muni regulars, it provides all the information you need to be sure you don't miss your bus, plus Uber access and BART as well. An excellent job!
Great App - glad to see this
Thanks for making this available. I can work my way around it fine. However, as far as I can tell I can only see one leg of the trip at a time, and have to be sure I am making the right connection at each crossover point to a new leg. That'll work OK, but I would prefer to enter start point and finish point and be able to see the connecting points. This is a big improvement over no app, and I look forward to future updates. Thank you, again.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.