By Nuance Communications
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why type when you can Swype? Swype is the most accurate keyboard on the planet. Whether you type or Swype we enable you to input words faster and easier. It learns the way you type so the more you use it, the smarter it gets.
“There is no faster, easier way to input text on an iPhone” -– CNET
“My favorite is Swype...It’s surprisingly powerful” – The New York Times
Note: Go to the Swype App on your Home screen to preview and purchase new themes.
• Incredibly intuitive language models that accurately predict what you type or Swype
• An Emoji Keyboard with hundreds of Emoji to choose from and Intelligent Emoji support
• Seamless regional dialect support and trending new words
• 5 Free themes and more to purchase
• Quickly enter symbols, punctuation and capital letters with Swype gestures
• Add or remove words from your personal dictionary
• Customizable keyboard layouts (QWERTY, QWERTZ, AZERTY)
• Use Swype on your iPad or iPhone
Arabic - العربية
Czech - Čeština
Danish - Dansk
Dutch - Nederlands
Farsi - فارسی
Finnish - Suomi
French - Français
French(CA) - Français(CA)
German - Deutsch
Greek - Ελληνικά
Hinglish - Hinglish
Hungarian - Magyar
Irish - Gaeilge
Italian - Italiano
Norwegian - Norsk
Polish - Polski
Portuguese - Português
Romanian - Română
Russian - Pyccĸий
Spanish - Español
Swedish - Svenska
Tagalog - Tagalog
Turkish - Tϋrkçe
Ukrainian - Українська
* For best results Swype is now for iOS 9 and above.
What's New in Version 1.6.3
iOS 10: Bug fixing and stabilization
iOS 10: Emoji updates. From the emoji keyboard, access your emoji categories by swiping left and right. Long press to add to favorites.
A few suggestions for a GREAT app
I love Swype. After an update, it temporarily wouldn't work on Safari. It worked for everything else, but not Safari.
So I tried a few other keyboards that have word-drawing capabilities. SwiftKey ticked me off. TouchPal and Google's Gboard were pretty good, but they each had their problems. TouchPal has quick number input and awesome themes, but whenever I typed the word "a," it didn't recognize it as a word and put all three words (the a and the words surrounding it) together. It's really picky about where the cursor is, too.
Gboard has cool features in regards with using Google within an app, but I don't realistically need or want that. It also capitalizes everything if I move the cursor, and it didn't have quick number input.
But Swype is great. It has multiple rows of auto correct and, as I just learned, a form of quick number input by holding the top row keys. Autocorrect works better and the system works more intuitively for what you're (or at least I'm) actually typing.
What I hope for is to have the upside down question marks and exclamation points as quick inputs by holding down the regular punctuation marks on the main keyboard screen. It takes too long to get to those characters, considering other foreign language characters are easily accessible by pressing and hiding a button.
Please, Swype, add the upside down characters.
Needs more frequent updates. Bugs have persisted for too long.
- The keyboard itself is unstable: won't open reliably, most notably in Gmail and Messages.
- I love the shortcut gestures, but some still are either buggy or aren't intelligent enough yet. Often a comma erases the letter before it and replaces it with a space; also, typing emoticons is a bit of a hassle because it autocorrects the space and pushes the colon back up against the text; there are similar but opposite problems with quotes and parentheses, where a space will be added where none is needed.
- Autocorrect needs to be more obvious when it replaces a phrase. I will look at the word I just typed, see that is correct, and move on, only to sometimes catch later that an entire phrase has been replaced incorrectly. Makes for an aggravating experience. I like what they are trying to do, but the intelligence isn't there yet. Phrase replacement ought to be an option than can be turned off.
I've tried all the other swiping keyboards and always come back to this one because of the punctuation gesture shortcuts and how easy it is on the dark keyboard to long press for other punctuation marks. Also, I text shortcuts in iOS and would like to see Swype better incorporate those as well.
Hope this app keeps being developed because it's great and could be so much better. A wonderful achievement so far!
I've always loved Swype. But, I have similar complaints as some of the other reviews.
I have autocorrect off. Just auto spacing. So when I add punctuation after pressing the ?123 key, I expect the word to stay the same. Not be autocorrected to a completely different word. It's very frustrating. I usually have to hit space and then add the punctuation. It'll usually correct itself and add-on the punctuation to that sentence then. Just inconvenient tho.
It also freezes A LOT. I'll be texting and it freezes. Or typing in something on safari. It freezes to the point where I actually need to shutdown my iphone. It just won't let me type. My phone doesn't freeze, the Swype keyboard freezes. So it's obviously the app.
I've contemplated just using the regular keyboard now. It's more time consuming using Swype.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 29, 2016
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 40.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Nuance Communications
- © 2008-2016 Nuance Communications, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Earth Eclipse$0.99
- Enhanced Bundle$1.99
- Sand Ripple$0.99
- Sun Burst$0.99