Sybu Remote Control for VLC
By Sybu Data
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sybu Remote Control for VLC is a companion App, that let you remote control VideoLAN VLC Media Player on your Windows PC, Mac or Ubuntu desktop from the comfort of your couch.
The design philosophy is a simplistic, yet functional interface.
Some of the key features are:
- Works with VLC on Windows, Mac and Ubuntu
- Intuitive User Interface
- Fast and very response
- Full HD support for iPad retina and iPhone5 displays.
- Both portrait and landscape orientation support on the iPad
- Fast networking with built in VLC host discovery
- Super cool skins
- No annoying advertisements
- Volume control, seek controls, play, pause, next and previous track
- Play, queue and delete tracks from the playlist
- Browse, play and queue from the media library
- Browse, play and queue media files from the file system
> No helper app required if you have VLC version 2.1.0 or later
> Free helper app to quickly setup VLC for remote access is you have version 2.0.0 -> 2.0.9
Some of the many 5* reviews :
- Excellent, Works great, no ads.
- Great app, very quick to load and feature-rich. Fast and intuitive
- Well done, As of May '13, definitely the best remote for VLC.
- An excellent, no fuss app. 10/10.
What's New in Version 2.30
- Support for VLC 2.1.0
- Automatic saving of last connected hosts. Allow to quickly select a host that was previously connected to.
- Fast discovery of computers on the network.
- Folders from the VLC host system can be browsed and added as source folders.
- Items from the added source folders can be quickly selected to be played or queued
- Search of playlist and media library
- Super cool skins can be purchased
Still a great alternate for VLC remote
Can use the same Helper App VLCR uses, just remember when it asks for a password, use "vlcremote", sybu will remember it. Sometimes I use this after I've loaded or edited my playlist in VLCR, it loads faster. Works well with VLC Amigo too. I just like the available skins Sybu has, the other apps dropped the skinning after VLC 2.0 came out.
These apps are all good, I don't remember if this one is free, but the skin packs are worth it.
Works great so far!
Downloading this was long overdue. I got tired of having to get up and walk across the room to pause videos all the time, so I did a tiny bit of research and didn't want to pony up $5 for the other, different paid alternative. They provide great, straightforward instructions so setup was easy. No complaints here!
Easy, works, free.... Awesome
Easy setup which comes with a video so you can follow along. Does what it says. Great to use when you wanna mirror your Mac on Apple TV then play something from VLC and have a remote so you may put down your laptop or step away from your desktop.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 29, 2013
- Version: 2.30
- Size: 23.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sybu Data
- © 2013 Sybu Data, Andre Roodt
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Skin - Futuristic Blue for iPhone$0.99
- Skin - Neon Blue for iPhone$0.99
- Skin - Futuristic Orange for iPhone$0.99
- SkinPack - Futuristic for iPad$1.99
- SkinPack - Futuristic for iPhone$1.99
- Skin - Modern Green for iPhone$0.99
- Skin - Neon Orange for iPhone$0.99
- SkinPack - Neon for iPhone$1.99
- Skin - Neon green for iPhone$0.99
- SkinPack - Modern for iPhone$2.99