By Studio Evil
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Syder Arcade is a multi directional side scrolling shoot’em up that nods to old-school games. Join the space army and move through asteroids, nebulas and enemies in order to defeat the alien menace.
Born from Studio Evil's love for classics, Syder Arcade is a perfect fusion between arcade dynamics and a more modern gameplay, together with an amazing 3D graphics.
The gamer will play the part of one of the humans from the space colony of Miza, attacked by a mysterious alien force. Choose your spaceship and get ready to use all the different weapons to defend your planet.
- 6 beautifully rendered 3D realtime space arenas, plus a bonus survival mode! All the backgrounds are fully detailed and the various spacescapes project you inside Miza's stellar system;
- 3 different ships! Make your choice and discover all the different weapons, including a special weapon for every starship:
Alisade S-185 Mule, with its dense armor, praises a superior damage resistance. Its ability to manipulate mass and its Arc Plasma Cannon make the Mule a perfect battleship in both attack and defense;
MSec-Alisade S-104 Dart features a good armor and a Pulse Laser able to pierce trough several targets. A fully miniaturized warp device turns the Dart in one of the fastest spaceships;
Despite its low damage resistance, MSec S-116 Wasp is the perfect spaceship against small, swarming targets. Its strength is in the firepower, improved by Friend/Foe Mini Missiles and Twin Machinegun.
-Face huge capital ships! Protect Green Ray support ship and support Orinoco cruiser and fight against giant enemies;
Online High Scores board will allow you to match against players from all over the world!
20 different optional retro graphic flavours
4 difficulty levels, from normal to super hard
What's New in Version 1.3.0
- You can now completely customize your keyboard controls and joypad input
- This fix should solve keyboard issues, and configuration issues on few non-english MACs
- You can use your mouse to navigate menus
- New high score leaderboards. As you may have noticed, the old one suddently died a few weeks ago
- Improved game's soundtrack and added a new great track for credits
- Powerup pickups and all the "robot voice" sound effects should now be more informative, and slightly more ridiculous.
- A small news ticker is now displayed on the main menu. We are going to use it to provide you useful informations, like new releases and other Studio Evil related news.
- New graphic for rear/side/spread bullets, powerup pick-up and score text
- You can now skip dialogues much faster
- Improved "mission briefing" screen with better graphics to explain the game backstory
- We completely redesigned our difficulty settings to have a much smoother esperience
- When you die, you respawn istantly a few meters nearby without restarting the level
- Few bug Fixes
- Powerup drops have been increased over the entire campaign.
- All bosses have been improved with a more interesting fighting logic, different weapons, and more modules to destroy.
- To compenaste the increased firepower at your disposal, Enemy bosses are now much tougher.
- Beam weapons have now a much longer non damaging activation time (almost 2 seconds).
- You can now encounter enemies with a more interesting weapons, like accelerating bullets, lazy seekers and deadly directional beams.
- If you run into a boss command bridge or energy core, you now take damage (a lot) even with shield on. No more easy kamikaze kills :P
- On "the storm" level, it's no longer possibile to pass trough the storm with shields on. The storm now deals damage even to shielded players.
- Survival mode is now more difficult. You can use it as some sort of training mode or endgame.
- The game will now istantly display a small panel when you earn a badge.
- All secondary weapon powerups, side shot and rear shot have now 3 upgrade levels instead of one
- All secondary weapon powerups have now a reddish hue, to differentiate them from primary weapons
- Secondary Weapon "Spread" now shoots in a precise arc instead of a random volley of bullets.
- New Secondary weapon powerup: "plasma"
- Base speed increased by 2
- Base weapon: damage consistently reduced for external bullets of firing arc, almost doubled on the middle bullet.
- Power required to charge the Special Weapon slightly reduced
- Max speed increased by 2
- Base weapon: damage increased by roughly 15% at all powerup levels
- Health increased from 20 to 25
- Special Weapon: HyperBeam is now working more consistently, it is now more difficoult to use at it's best, but also easier to charge up.
- New Enemy: "Stinger Ace" and "Crossbow"
- Enemy Redesign: Grinder - Spike spore - Sphere drone - Bio Warhead