By Melway Publishing Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
18 detailed walking and cycling maps around Sydney, covering some of the best walking terrain in the world. Developed with assistance from various councils around Sydney, the maps range from the pristine beaches on the coast to rugged and picturesque hikes through the world heritage Blue Mountains.
• View, zoom and pan around 18 detailed maps, plus overview map
• Track your location on your chosen map
• Tap to hide controls and view map full-screen
• Share clippings from maps with Facebook, Twitter, email, print and more
• Maps are stored in app: works anywhere, no network needed
Printing requires an AirPrint-enabled printer.
Each map included in this app has been adapted from the printed versions, which include further information about walking times, handy local descriptions and contact numbers as well as cycling information if appropriate.
Some of the maps are specifically designed for cycling. In these cases you will notice different map styles used to highlight the cycling routes and information.
Enjoy getting out and about in one of the world’s great cities.
• Walking and Cycling Maps Overview
• Parramatta River Walk
• Barrenjoey to Narrabeen Lakes
• Narrabeen Lakes to Manly lagoon
• Manly Lagoon to North Head and The Spit
• Harbour Bridge to South Head and Clovelly
• Clovelly to La Perouse
• Kurnell to Cronulla
• A Harbour Circle Walk
• Harbour Bridge to Manly via Spit
• Harbour to Spit Walks
• Walking in Willoughby
• Walking and Cycling in Liverpool and Fairfield
• Cycling and Walking in Randwick
• Cycle North Sydney
• City of Ryde Cycling
• Northern Sydney Cycling
• Sydney City Bike Map
• Cycling in the Blue Mountains
What's New in Version 1.3
• new map "Walking and Cycling in Liverpool and Fairfield"
• takes about 40% less space on device than previous version
• user interface optimised for iOS 7
• bug fixes
Must have for walking in Sydney
We really enjoy walking in and around Sydney with all the great coastal and harbor walks. This app made our walks so very easy to plan and execute. Ferry, train and bus routes are all shown which enabled simplified planning for getting to/from the walk. Average walk times were useful and not just for the main walk but also the side loops. By far the real-time location tracking was the best feature and helped many times when roads and paths were not well marked. Essential app for any Sydney walker!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 23, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 107 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Melway Publishing Pty Ltd
- © 2014 Melway Publishing Pty Ltd (maps); 2011-14 Robert Stainsby (software)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.