By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Syfy Now is your destination for full episodes of your favorite Syfy shows, including new episodes available the day after they air for most programs. Once you open the app, log in with your cable or satellite provider account to gain access to the currently available episodes. The same app works on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – you can even sync your watchlist and in-show progress across multiple devices via iCloud.
If your cable or satellite provider isn't currently available via Syfy Now, there's still plenty of great things for you to enjoy, including selected full episodes and clips from Syfy shows, behind-the-scenes interviews and more.
Syfy Now features:
* AirPlay! You can now stream Syfy Now to your Apple TV. Start the episode in the app and stream to your television.
* Add episodes to the watchlist for later viewing.
* Season pass feature adds new episodes of your favorite shows to the watchlist.
* Cross-device syncing via iCloud allows you to sync watchlists and pick up where you left off on any iOS device you own.
* Share what you're watching via Facebook, Twitter and email.
* PLUS: You can watch Syfy shows and movies LIVE inside the app, just as if you were watching the network on your television. So it's like watching live TV - just on your computer or mobile device! (Note: Most of Syfy's shows are currently available, and we're working hard to make those that aren't available soon).
Current television providers include the following:
Time Warner (Now Available!)
Wide Open West
...and many more. For a complete list of providers, download the app or visit http://www.syfy.com/providerlist
What's New in Version 5.2
- Video player improvements
- Bug fixes
Happy but with ONE request...
I enjoy this app. I wish there were fewer commercials but I can live with it. I don't even mind that I have to log in with my cable service provider to watch episodes on my iPad. But for the love of all things holy... can we PLEASE save my cable log in info in the app? Total first world problem but... Scrolling through the list to tap my provider, then typing my log in and password... EVERY TIME? I get it... Confirm my cable subscription whenever I use the app... but there's no reason you can't give me the option to save the info to log in. Thank you!
Commercials and crashes
I love being able to watch Syfy on my iPad but I hate that this app has 3 times as many commercials as other cable apps and that it constantly just freezes when an episode I am watching ends. I have to push the home button and do the double press of the home button to clear the app and reopen. You cant even close the app the usual way to get out when it freezes. Also when watching a series why not automatically cue up the next episode for binge watchers like me?
Also no Apple TV and why only 4 or 5 episodes of a series? I love Syfy please fix this app.
Not a fan of intentionally limiting the series you can watch on the app. App forces you to verify yourself too often. And not only are there Way. Too. Many. Commercials. but they repeat themselves too frequently...as in you gave to watch the exact same spot twice in a row at each 150 second break, and the same spot twice at the next as well. If you don't have more sponsors, why so many commercials? Plus the breaks are backloaded, so you have more commercial breaks at the end of the shows than the beginning. pretty frstrating
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 12, 2016
- Version: 5.2
- Size: 52.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2016 NBCUniversal, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes