By NBCUniversal Media, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Like science fiction, fantasy and horror? That’s what we love at SYFY and those are the shows and movies we put on. And with this app, you can watch movies and full episodes of our shows, including new episodes available the day after they air (for most programs). Plus, we’ve got videos from SYFY WIRE, featuring news, interviews, recaps, rankings and general goofy weirdness about all things geeky. Just download the app, log in with your television or satellite provider and geek out with us.
• Full episode viewing when you sign in with your TV provider account
• Save your favorite shows to your watchlist for quick access to the latest episodes
• Chromecast and AirPlay! You can now start the episodes in the app and stream SYFY to your TV and Apple TV.
• Free trial – watch up to 3 full episodes of your choice for one month
• Can't finish an episode in one sitting? The app saves your place!
• Special clips, interviews and behind-the-scenes video
• SYFY TV program guide
• Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing
PLUS: You can watch SYFY shows and movies LIVE inside the app, just as if you were watching the network on your television. So it's like watching live TV - just on your computer or mobile device! (Note: Most of SYFY's shows are currently available, and we're working hard to make those that aren't available soon).
What's New in Version 6.1
- We got a makeover! New logo, new colors, new packaging, same episodes and videos. Well….we’ve now got geeky interviews, breakdowns, everything you need to knows, comic artists sketching things and more, courtesy of SYFY WIRE, home of all that is geeky and good.
- Enhancements to the video player
- Ability to toggle between days on the live/schedule page
Doesn't let me watch anything
When I log in it just shows me the plan info and won't let me watch anything. Pretty useless app.
Edit: after logging in about 50 times and giving up the app finally auto logged in when I went to sign in one last time hours later, now it let's me watch things. I guess I'll just have to go through this process every time it makes me log in again? Sure hope not. Like the review below says, when it works it works great, but when it doesn't I just resort to watching torrents cause those are up before the channel has its own show up. I'd suggest fixing your login process or at least take away the part that auto shows your plan in the middle of trying to log in. If I want to see my plan I'll go to my account settings and such. Since it does work I'll give a couple extra stars. Just a serious hassle and couldn't watch shows live
Channel Zero Not Working on SyFy
I am subscribed to Frontier Communications and am using the SyFy app on the Apple TV (4th gen) and on an iPad Pro. When I attempt to watch the TV series Channel Zero on either device, it always takes me to the first episode. I can see all of the six episodes of season 1 listed in the menu, but regardless of which episode I select, it always plays episode 1, "Candle Cove" even when the Info screen says I am playing another episode. Since this is happening on different devices with different OS’s, I think the problem is on the SyFy end. I am able to watch all other SyFy TV series without any issue.
I tried to submit this problem directly to SyFy through NBCUniversal’s TVE online service. I entered all of the information requested, hit submit and nothing happened, no response from the page at all. SyFy needs to get their digital act together.
Bad On-Demand User Experience
I initially liked the app. It supports Chromecast and I can use the TV app to go directly to movies or shows on demand.
However, there is no basic fast forward/resume playback for videos! I was watching a movie (with ads, but I can deal with that) and got interrupted. I stopped the movie planning to pick up in the middle when I got back. But, no. The SyFy app only lets you watch from the beginning! I don't want to re-watch an hour of movie just to see the last half hour!
If they fix this it'll probably be a 4-5 star app. Until then, it's a failure as a video app.
Edit: Seeking to a point in the video sometimes works. After several times restarting the app, the bar showed up. Still a big flaw.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 10, 2017
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 99.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: NBCUniversal Media, LLC
- © 2017 NBCUniversal Media, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes