Sygic: GPS Navigation, Offline Maps & POI, Traffic & Speed Cameras
By Sygic a. s.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
► All in One Sale. Navigation + Head-up Display. Buy them together. Save 40%.Only until 17.05.2015 ◄
Sygic GPS Navigation is The World’s Most Installed Offline GPS Navigation App powered by TomTom Maps.
Enjoy FOREVER FREE: offline TomTom maps, POIs, route planning & free map updates. High quality maps from TomTom and other providers are stored on your iPhone or iPad for use without internet connection.
To get the most of the app upgrade to premium and enjoy lifetime: 3D maps, turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation, lane guidance, speed limit warnings & junction view with lane indicator arrows at complex intersections.
• High quality TomTom maps stored on iPhone
• Works with GPS only, internet is not needed
• Turn-by-Turn voice guided navigation
• Millions of free pre-installed POIs
• Free map updates & Free POI database updates
• Free updates of Fixed speed cameras
• Head-up Display (HUD) available as in app purchase
• iOS 7 Text-to-Speech: Apple's own speech engine for turn-by-turn instructions with spoken street names.
• Three Alternative Routes to choose from
• Copy & Paste an address or GPS coordinates into search field
• Easy Drag & Drop route editing
• Waypoints for places you want to visit
• Avoid Toll Roads on your route
• Dynamic Lane Guidance for safe lane changes
• Junction View to highlights highway exists
• Warnings for exceeded Speed Limit
• Warnings for fixed speedcams
• Police trap warnings from other drivers
• 3D Cities & Landscape for easy orientation
• Pedestrian Navigation to walk and explore
• Compass & Stopwatch for outdoor activities
• Graphics optimized for Retina displays
• Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
ADD-ON FEATURES (in-app purchase)
• Traffic service to avoid delays in your daily commute
• Get navigation instructions from Homer Simpson & other original celebrity voices
• Premium online speed cameras with 300 000 mobile speedcam locations each month
• Head Up Display (HUD) projects GPS navigation onto your windshield
• Cockpit to measure the performance of your car: Speed, G-Force, Lateral G
• BlackBox dash-cam that records even while your are navigating
Offline maps for 111 countries - free forever
• Europe, Russia
• Canada, Mexico, USA
• Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Brazil
• Asia & Middle East
• Australia, New Zealand
Need help? Please visit sygic.com/support we are here for you 7 days a week.
If you love our app, please leave a review on iTunes. You will let others know how the app is, motivate our developers and help us improve our work. Thank you for your support.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Sharing videos from BlackBox is forbidden by law in following countries: Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain.
Sygic | Bringing life to maps.
What's New in Version 15.1.1
We have redesigned search to be more comprehensive and include more detailed information.
Find more Points of Interest thanks to TripAdvisor, Forsquare and Viator. Use Foursquare, Yelp and TripAdvisor to look for great places to eat, drink and stay. Find entertainment, tours and attractions with Viator. Check ratings and reviews and easily book your reservation from within the app. Just enter what to look for into the search field. You can switch between different providers at the bottom of the screen.
Why am I paying for features I've had in my lifetime version for years
This used to be my favorite navigation app. I have bought licenses for family and have spouted accolades of how good this app was. Even with the rather high price, compared to other free navigation apps, I said it was worth it because it had a lifetime license which included updates. Also because of the included features mainly, road speeds, camera alerts, and speedometer. Now it appears with the newest version features that have been include are no longer included unless I pay again. And for road speeds I now need to pay yearly. It seems like the old version I paid for and was completely satisfied with should remain available or those who have it should have the features they already had on the old version grandfathered into their restored list.
I don't mind paying for new features that have not been included before. When the head up feature became available I paid for it without a problem because it was new and I didn't feel like I had already paid for it. But when I have had a feature for years and then am forced to pay for the feature again, I am inclined to just use Sygic as a backup app instead of my main app for navigation. I look forward to seeing if this can be worked out.
Update Breaks Voice Navigation
The new update breaks voice navigation! It doesn't say anything. In the previous version, at least the voice navigation worked, but I hated how every few blocks it keeps annoying you that you need to go straight on the same road. For example, on a 50 mile straight road stretch, it would say 'go straight 100 meters' and than it repeats again and again every one mile for the next 50 miles! Shouldn't it just say, 'go straight for the next 50 miles.' Then after 10 miles, it should say 'go straight for the next 40 miles.' Etc. Wouldn't that make more sense? But NO, instead it keeps harassing and annoying you every single mile to keep straight on that road. I also hate the computer robotic voice. It's unnatural and unpleasant to listen to. And last of all, why do I have to pay for traffic? It's free on Google and Apple Maps! Please take a page from Your competitors. They have it right.
Local destination pulls are clunky
Unlike all other maps I've tried and used, this seems to need precise search terms instead of intelligently guessing what I'm looking for.
A good example is if looking for directions to a college, instead of pulling the main address (which is what others map apps for) it will list all the sub locations for the college.
Other that that I think it's compelling. But for this price point, I'll only consider it if it it makes its search functionality more intelligent.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 15.1.1
- Size: 81.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Kurdish, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Sygic a. s.
- © 2013 Sygic a.s.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- North America$29.99
- Head up display$9.99
- Black Box$9.99
- World - 1 month$16.99
- NAM + HUD + Dashcam$39.99
- Speed Cameras - 1 year$14.99
- HD Traffic U.S. & Canada - 1 year$19.99