Sygic: GPS Navigation, Maps, Traffic, Gas prices
By Sygic a. s.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you are travelling, commuting to work, or driving professionally Sygic GPS Navigation is your one map for everything.
The World’s Most Advanced Navigation app, trusted by 150 million drivers.
• High quality TomTom* maps stored on your device
• Voice guided navigation with spoken street names (TTS)
• Offline navigation without internet connection
• Free map updates multiple times per year
• Live Traffic service finds faster route, avoids traffic jams
• Mobile speed camera / radar warnings
• Head-up Display (HUD) projects GPS navigation onto your windshield
• Dynamic Lane Guidance & Junction View for safe lane changes
• Parking suggestions with info about availability & price
• Find cheapest gas based on your gas type
• Safety warnings about sharp turns and railway crossings
• Speed Limit warnings on map
• Fixed speed camera warnings
• Alternative Routes & Multiple waypoints on route
• Address/GPS coordinates entry by copy & paste
• Avoid Toll Roads in one country or entire route
• Pedestrian Navigation & Tourist attractions
• Millions of points of interest (POI)
• Car Audio Integration – Bluetooth or cable
• Dashcam that records even while you are navigating
Maps of all countries of the World from TomTom and other providers
• Europe, Russia
• North & South America
• Asia & Middle East
• Australia, New Zealand
Please note that some features may not be available in all territories. Maps from TomTom and other providers.
Need help? Please visit sygic.com/support we are here for you 7 days a week.
If you love our app, please leave a review. You will let others know how the app is, motivate our developers and help us improve our work. Thank you for your support.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. Sharing videos from Dashcam is forbidden by law in following countries: Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain.
What's New in Version 16.2.1
- General improvements and optimizations
A very good package.
We went to France and England and needed navigation software that didn't rely on Internet access since our iPhones were not set up for international use and the cost of renting a nav device for a rental car was way out of line. Hence the need of a country's road map being downloaded onto our phones. With free gps data, we could get anywhere we want to very cheaply.
Nav guidance to everywhere we wanted to go to was right on. Even down some pretty tight roads in French villages. The only comments are 1) the gps positioning lags too far behind in areas of really tight turns (like one right after another) and it's always playing catch up to your actual position. If you have a copilot, it's not too bad but if you're alone--- well , good luck! 2) the least of all problems was that the speed guidance at upcoming turnsty was very conservative ( one might expect this of a company that doesn't want to get sued by sending someone off a curve into a ditch or worse!) by some 10-15 km/hr and I'm a reasonably conservative driver.
Summary - does a dang good job. One gets 7 days of free use and then you have to pay to use the software ( which I don't consider outlandish considering all the other potential costs ).
So far so good
Needed to replace my old faithful garmin nuvi which was loaded up to capacity with USA and European maps. Being of the 'older generation' I never thought about using my iPhone for navigation until I read about Sygic, so decided it was worth a try. What I liked most was the offline capability, as being a retiree I am not a big mobile data user so have a fairly modest USA data plan that would rapidly get used if I were to use roaming when traveling in Europe. Currently I am in France and have downloaded the maps without a hitch and used the navigation successfully. I even tried the Hud mode driving back one evening and found it worked really well once I had figured out the orientation. So, so far my rating for this is great. I did read one or two reviews that said the routings occasionally were not the best, and it's not absolutely cutting edge but do I care? Not really. All I know is it would have cost me more to buy a new sat nav, or pay extra to rental companies to have it included in the car, and I have one less gizmo to pack when traveling in future.
Not useful if you need to search by company name
This app is very '90s old school. Just like TomTom GPS units of years ago, you need to enter the state, then the city, then the address of your destination. Apple Maps and Google Maps made that concept obsolete years ago with web-based plain language search, so why do we need this now? Most GPS users today want to find a location by name, or from their address book. The first is very difficult, the second can't even be done with this app. And do NOT spend extra money for the premium services without testing the UI to see if you're okay with it. I liked TomTom units, once, but not any more. Pass.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Jun 27, 2016
- Version: 16.2.1
- Size: 54.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Kurdish, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Nynorsk, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Sygic a. s.
- © 2013 Sygic a.s.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Head up display$7.99
- Premium North America$17.99
- Premium World$24.99
- Premium + Traffic North America$24.99
- World + HUD + Dashcam$34.99
- Premium + Traffic World$34.99
- Black Box$2.99
- NAM + HUD + Dashcam$24.99
- Live services North America 1 year$5.99