Sygic UK & Ireland: GPS Navigation
By Sygic a. s.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
THE WORLD’S MOST DOWNLOADED OFFLINE NAVIGATION APP!
"Brill! Now I want the European version. Worth every penny." - Carolyn, United Kingdom
"This is a great piece of software for the price. Considering the cost of other hand held units, it's Brilliant" – Sittingbull, United Kingdom
" Simply excellent.Very practical and precise. Good value for money"- Languageslover, United Kingdom
• Premium voice guided navigation with top notch maps
• Offline GPS app, reliable & accurate navigation without internet connection
• Lifetime navigation, no hidden or recurring fees
• Multiple FREE map updates per year, no additional cost
• One app optimized for both your iPhone and iPad
DESIGN & MAPS
• A simple and beautifully designed interface, without clunky menus
• 3D maps on state of the art level, with realistic buildings and landscape
• Clear maps with only relevant information on different zoom levels
• Powerful route computing with alternative routes
• Spoken-street-names instructions tell you which street to take
• Dynamic Lane Guidance shows the right lane so you won’t miss your exit
• Intuitive drag & drop route editing and routes with multiple waypoints
• Pedestrian navigation to walk and explore
SAFETY & USER COMFORT
• Speed limit warnings in advance for increased safety
• Speed camera warnings with built-in speedcam database
• Police trap reports from other users
• Route preview with quick access to commonly used features
• Avoid Toll roads or Motorways with a single tap
SEARCH & POIs
• Quickly & easily find places and people (contacts)
• POIs – Millions of built in points of interest
PROFESSIONAL CUSTOMER CARE
• Our customer care specialists are ready to help you out 7 days a week
• Please get in touch with us at www.sygic.com/support
Sygic | Bringing life to maps.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 14.2.0
►LATEST, UPDATED MAPS
►NEW MANAGE MAPS
· Save space & Install only the maps you need
Go to Settings - Manage maps
►NEW SYGIC STORE with add-ons
· Head-up Display
Project navigation onto your windshield
· Premium Speed cameras
300 000 mobile camera locations/per month
· Traffic information
Avoid traffic jams in everyday commute
· Celebrity voices
Get directions from Homer Simpson and others
· Places with TripAdvisor POIs for free
►IMPROVED ADDRESS ENTRY
· Copy / Paste any address into search field
· Enter GPS coordinates into search field
· More Spoken street names voices (TTS)
New voice will be automatically set for you
· Manage voices in Settings – Voice
I traveled to Ireland for 9 days, driving from Dublin south, along the coast ending up in Clifton before driving back to Dublin. This app was a perfect companion. Used with my iPhone 6, it worked perfectly when I arrived before I was able to pick up a new sim with data. The phone must not be in airplane mode with data on, as long as roaming is off, you won’t be charged for anything. This way the GPS will still work. You don’t need to get a local data plan, but it helps being able to look things up on the fly and navigate to them. The App has a good amount of POI data, but it isn’t complete, it uses foursquare and wikipedia for other POI searches, but you’ll need data access for that. Navigation was very accurate, and voice commands were spot on. Good notifications and markings of speed changes, and it would always give you a heads up about sharp turns even if you didn’t have an active route programed. The price is right for this app, it didn’t fail me once.
Decent GPS App
I took this app to Ireland for 12 days in September 2015. I used it with my iPhone 6.
The app worked well for the most part. I had my phone connected to the rental car via Bluetooth. And occasionally instead of lowering the audio volume and then playing the directions the app would simply lower the music volume then say nothing and not raise the music volume. This was annoying and would require the app to be killed and restarted to resolve. When using Google maps on this same trip I never experienced this behavior.
The routes provided by the app were decent. However at times when rerouting due to me missing a turn or turning at the wrong place the app did seem to get confused and would insist on me circling back to the place I messed up instead of coming up with a new route. At one point the app wanted me to turn right at an intersection just so I could loop back and essentially make a left at that same intersection.
But with all that said I'm still glad I had this app along, and it probably did save me more in Verizon data charges than it cost.
Also if you look at the coverage maps for Ireland, 3G coverage looks very good. But there were definitely a number of places I didn't have a data connection and was again glad to have this app.
Great GPS for rural areas
Used for a one week trip to Ireland and price reasonable compared to others. A few times it gave some questionable directions but not far out of the way. Overall a great app. Be sure to have back up power for your iphone as usage of the app with GPS uses power quickly. Approx 2.5 hours. I did like the speed limit warning and curve warning sounds.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 13, 2014
- Version: 14.2.0
- Size: 57.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Kurdish, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Sygic a. s.
- © 2012 Sygic a.s.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Speed Cameras - 1 month$1.99
- Head up display$9.99
- HD Traffic UK & Ireland - 1 month$2.99
- HD Traffic UK & Ireland$12.99
- Speed Cameras - 1 year$14.99
- Celebrity voices - Snoop Dogg$4.99