By Voxeloid Kft.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The perfect tool for students, teachers and engineers, built on an extremely powerful algebra engine, Symbolic Calculator is capable of helping with any kind of math problems ranging from basic arithmetics to university-level advanced math. It offers all the advantages of an advanced graphing/scientific calculator mixed with the convenience of modern mobile apps.
- Exact arithmetic. 5/15 is 1/3 and not 0.333 (unless you select rounded numerical mode)
- Store unlimited number of variables, create custom functions
- Algebra: operations on polynomials, such expansion and factorization, collecting terms, division with remainder, etc.
- Calculus: derivatives, integrals, limits, taylor expansion, etc.
- Linear algebra: full support for matrix operations and many useful functions such as: determinant, rank, reduced echelon form, characteristic polynomial, etc.
- Solvers: equations or equation systems, symbolically or numerically, differential equations
- Full support for complex arithmetics
- Session management: export, import sessions or create PDF files
- Many other versatile built-in functions with descriptions and examples
What's New in Version 1.8.5
- bugfix for some expressions being unselectable under some circumstances
- some bugfixes in the algebra engine
- iOS 7 UI elements (if you prefer the original style, you can switch back in the settings)
Cool app :D. However sometimes when I'm typing something using the iPod keyboard random letters plug in by themselves which gets really annoying.
It would be cool if the app had; Greatest integer function, limits as x approaches from the left or the right. And sometimes when interesting a function I get a constant of +1. I don't remember the function but when I encounter something like this again I will try to post it ^.^
Love it! Use it daily!
I teach university algebra and trig. This calculator has all the functions of the expensive calculators and always with me. No crashes. No problems! I use the calculator for everything! Checking my own work... checking students' work... graphing trig functions... solving 3 equations 3 unknowns, etc!
Fantastic app. I am an Mechanical Engineer and this is the only calculator app on the iPhone that I use. Please continue making this app awesome
Update: this app could use a button for 10^.
For example if you write
6E-5, it would interpret it as:
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 03, 2013
- Version: 1.8.5
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Voxeloid Kft.
- © 2009 Janos Barkai
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.