Syml - Minimalist Text Editor
By Inquisitive Software
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Syml is a minimalist yet powerful text editor designed specifically for the iPad. It's built around seamless Dropbox sync and natural gestures that let you interact directly with your words. It's simple and elegant, while offering a depth of powerful features. Syml gets out of your way, and lets you focus on your writing.
- Persistent, unlimited undo through an interactive gesture, that makes Undo and Redo a fluid part of the editing experience
- Interactive highlighting and editing of Markdown
- Fully optimised for iPad multitasking
- Create markdown versions of websites from the share extension
- Fuzzy abbreviation matching, full text search and Spotlight integration
- Unique swipe interactions, gestures and design that are crafted to the affordances of the iPad
Syml follows in the mould of NVAlt, having a single folder of text documents which can be quickly filtered using fuzzy abbreviation matching and full text search.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
## Core Features of 2.0:
- Flexible split view, ideal for the iPad Pro 12"
- Powerful Find and Replace
- Drag and Drop support
- An entirely revised (Swift based) sync engine updated to use Dropbox's latest 2.0 API
- The option to store files locally, without syncing
## Also includes:
- Tooltips to help new users explore the features of the app
- The ability to set a default file extension for new files
- Interface refinements and polish, particularly for the action menu and document information.
- Improved keyboard commands
- Delete a document by swiping down from it's Action menu