Do you often ask why your child has trouble getting dressed, gets stressed about going to the bathroom, and won’t sleep through the night? Do you also ask why he hits himself when frustrated, screams when you put on some clothes, has a tantrum or stims during transitions to new activities?
Dressing, Grooming, Sleeping, Eating, and Toileting are ADLs – Activities of Daily Living. Tantrums, self-injury or stimming behaviors, and sensory sensitivities are often linked to ADLs.
SymTrend ADL lets you quickly record important information about ADLs and behaviors. Pick the ADL skill you want to focus on and track it. Once it’s mastered, move on to the next.
- Don’t try to keep the details in your head about what your child did or what was going on around you!
- Report about the ADLs and behaviors as things happen. A few taps is all it takes and your app accurately records the information for you.
- Enter therapies, medications, diets, supplements, and activities in our personal health record.
When you have time, sync the data to the symtrend.com website to figure out what’s going on and how the ADLs and behaviors are linked. Get comprehensive reports about the information you entered.
- Determine what may be getting in the way of your child doing the ADLs.
- Monitor your child’s progress over time to see how well the medications, diets, supplements, and strategies are working, and if you need to, try a new one.
- Find new strategies on the site that will help your child achieve independence.
SymTrend helps your child’s whole team work together.
- Share these reports with caregivers.
- Bring your charts to meetings at school to advocate for services.
- Give your child’s therapists and teachers access to the reports online, if you want, so they too can understand what is happening and make recommendations.
SymTrend has been a provider of electronic diaries online and on mobile devices since 2002.
Development of this app was partially funded by three small business grants from the National Institute of Mental Health with Award numbers: R41MH075162, R42MH075162 and R41MH086153.
Bug fix for number data entry.
Ratings and Reviews
Is there a subscription fee?
There is no mention of a subscription fee here, yet when I went to sign up (yes, to use this you must create an account) and read the terms it said something about subscription fees, and to read the website for information. The FAQs say there is a subscription fee, but again nothing in the description here in the Apple Store. Can you please clarify? If there are no fees I will use the app and rate accordingly but I detest misleading descriptions :( !
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.