Select an electronic diary for depression, cancer, women's health, chronic pain, ADHD, or the autism spectrum to help you understand symptom patterns, learn what triggers problems, see how well treatments are working, and get guidance to manage your own care.
• Energy/anxiety levels, mood fluctuations, negative or self-injury thoughts.
• Difficulty with pain intensity, triggers of pain, and the effect of pain on activities, sleep, or work..
• Symptoms that interrupt sleep, such as night sweats, stress, or hormones.
• Everyday health issues like weight, blood pressure, or blood sugar.
• Activity level, skill level, social interactions, and the frequency of tantrums.
SymTrend is especially helpful for seeing if treatments are working. It even reminds you to follow treatments and coping strategies.
• Don’t try to keep the details in your head about what you are feeling or what is going on around you!
• Report about issues as things happen. A few taps is all it takes and your app accurately records the information for you.
• See what you did to deal with problems the last time it happened and how well it worked.
• Determine possible triggers – lack of sleep, stress, the environment.
• Use the personal health record to keep track of meds, clinical visits, and procedures.
• Find out if the medications, diets, or supplements are effective.
When you have time, sync the data to the symtrend.com website. Get comprehensive reports there about the information you entered.
Share the reports with a professional. Visit the website to see case studies, research about use of the system, & chart samples.
Try SymTrend for FREE for 14 days. After that, a 6-month subscription is only $10. To customize your app, contact SymTrend at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SymTrend has been a provider of electronic diaries online and on mobile devices since 2002.
Development of this app was partially funded by three small business grants from the National Institute of Mental Health with Award numbers: R41MH075162, R42MH075162 and R41MH086153.
If you are a parent of a child who struggles with ADLs - activities of daily living (dressing, eating, toileting, grooming, or sleeping) or tantrums, try SymTrend ADL or No More Meltdowns.
Bug fix for number data entry.
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice and customizable
Yeah, so you have to have an account at their site, but $10 per half-year is nothing compared to the value of this recording tool. I've been looking for a good way to record my mood changes, behaviors, and symptoms... beyond insulting smiley faces and pointlessly vague number scales. I finally found it with this app. Also, they have a number of other rating tools so you can remove what you don't need and add something you think might apply to you. (For example, maybe you don't need to track self-harm with your depression, but you do need to track anxiety. No problem! Just pick what you need at the website and it'll apply your changes to the app!) No, you can't see the graphs or log analysis through the app, but you can get the most importand part: easy instant recording of your data. Really, a good app. (Only change I would make is to have the navigation between questionaire pages be a little more consistent.) Try it; if you're serious about tracking, you won't be disappointed.
I looked all over for an app like there, there's not much out there and most/all include the use of elementary smiley faces! Trying to figure out psychological symptoms and patterns is not something that should be done with only 3 options (Really happy, blah, and suicidal). This app is heads and shoulders above the rest and with a few tweaks it would be a complete knock out!
Please give us the ability to see the graphs from our phone and most importantly give us the ability to make notes on the symptoms we are feeling which will allow us to follow trigger patterns!
Useful, informative and easy
This is a valuable monitoring tool with an easy interface. As someone who craves simplicity, this app is easy to use and do on the fly. It is perfect for busy people while being useful and informative.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.