Sync in a Blink
By Sync in a Blink
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Sync In A Blink is a simple and easy to use application designed to synchronize your Google Gmail Contacts with the contacts on your iPhone. All you need to get started is your Gmail account. No additional online services are required and none of your data is stored outside of your iPhone and Gmail account.
WHY USE SYNC IN A BLINK INSTEAD OF GOOGLE ACTIVESYNC?
- Google sync clears all iPhone contacts when setting up the account and when removing an account. Sync In A Blink merges your contacts so that none are lost.
- Google sync limits contacts to 3 email addresses and does not use labels for e-mail addresses (i.e. Home, Mobile, Work, etc...). Sync In A Blink has no limit and allows labels.
- Sync In A Blink allows you to sync specific groups and exclude others, Google Sync synchronizes all "My Contacts" and has no group filtering.
- Sync In A Blink provides group management on your iPhone, allowing you to add and remove contacts from groups.
- Sync In A Blink provides a complete history and backup of all syncs, from which you may restore contacts or contact details at anytime
- Sync In A Blink provides a comprehensive conflict management screen for when conflicts do arise while syncing - for example if you changed the same phone number on the same contact on your iPhone and on Gmail. This feature gives YOU full control over what information is merged.
- Sync In A Blink allows you to merge contacts right from your iPhone. There is no need to go online to do this.
- Over the air sync - no need to connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Completely stand-alone solution which does not require additional online service.
- Support for regular Gmail accounts and Google Apps accounts.
- Two way syncing.
- Group syncing
- Conflict resolution (when a contact is changed on both sides).
- CSV file backups of your contacts which you can e-mail to yourself and import into Gmail.
- History log will show all the details of every sync event. For example, you will be able to see a list of all contacts that were modified on your iPhone by Sync In A Blink. And you will be able to see the before and after of each modified contact.
- Ability to restore a contact from your history log.
- Sync contact images
- Merging contacts - Select two or more contacts to merge and Sync In A Blink will help you combine them into one contact. This will help remove any duplicate contacts you have in your list.
- Ability to change groups for a contact
- Compatible with Microsoft Exchange
- Works over 3G, Edge and WIFI data networks, allowing you to sync wherever you want.
See our website for full documentation at http://www.syncinablink.com
Also visit our support forum at http://www.syncinablink.com/Forums.aspx should you have any issues with our software. We will be more than happy to assist you to resolve your problem.
Before doing your initial sync, please read the documentation. It contains valuable information to help you with your first sync. When merging contacts on your Phone and Gmail, you may get some conflicts when you sync for the first time. The documentation explains the options available to you for your first sync.
You can give us your suggestions for future releases on our support forum: http://www.syncinablink.com/Forums.aspx
If you want to sync your Windows Live or Hotmail account, check out our Sync In A Blink Live app.
What's New in Version 3.6
Powerful app that's been under-rated
This is a very powerful app. If you want to sync with gMail and don't want to deal with the limitations put on you by a MS Exchange email setup on your iPhone than this is the way to go. I had originally downloaded this app more than a year ago. I used it once to make a mass transfer of all my contacts. Then I tinkered with it's other settings for a while and I must say I didn't give it a fair chance. Well, all of that changed recelty. Nececity rules more often than not, and I turned to this app to help me with everything from pairing down my contacts, merging duplicates, creating and organizing groups, finding ungrouped contacts. It's awesome in helping you detect conflicts between the contact info on your phone and in your gmail account. It doesn't just overwrite the the contact, it lets you choose which set of data to keep or discard. It also keeps a running histroy of every sync process with date and time stamp, as well as the option to restore contact data from a prior sync.
I would have to say that any of the negative reviews here are from users that may not have spent enough time with the app. This is a vey robust app that deserves more attention. I've played with other apps designed for syncing as well as organizing groups. This app beats them all in one complete package.
Works like a charm
I had some issues with this app in the past, but it's been working flawlessly for me for quite some time now (a year or so). I run it after I know I've made some address book changes (on either end) and the changes always appear. I don't try to move mountains with it (I'm trying to clean up hubby's 650+ contacts, but I wouldn't use this until I do a lot of manual cleaning)...but once you get it syncing, it's easy peasy.
Solid and fast
I synced 369 google contacts with lots of info in each contact's Notes field in less than one minute. i had 6 conflicts and the resolution interface made it easy to handle. I am using an iPhone 4s with iOS 6. Great app. Contact details are well displayed too.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 10, 2012
- Version: 3.6
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, French
- Seller: FBA.net
- © FBA.net
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.