Synclavier Go! is an authentic re-creation of the Synclavier® II Digital Synthesizer of 1980. This historic instrument burst upon the music scene in May, 1980, and ushered in the digital musical instrument revolution of the following decade.
Synclavier Go! presents the original Velocity-Pressure Keyboard (VPK) button panel adapted to the highly sensitive gesture recognition system of the iPad. Under the hood is the powerful CSynclavier DSP Engine, complete with Partial Timbre, Timbre Frame, FM-Synthesis and Additive-Synthesis methodologies.
But there is more! The original Synclavier® hardware offered 8-bit audio resolution - just enough to create rich strings, robust pads and sci-fi effects that were, above all, interesting and attention-getting. In the day we dreamed of 10- and 12-bit audio resolutions; we knew they would offer tremendous sonic potential, but could not be realized on the hardware of the era.
Synclavier Go!’s Bit Depth setting is the first control that will really rock your socks - after, of course, browsing through the included 979 original factory Timbres developed during the era (“Preset” was an unknown word at the time, so we called each sound a “Timbre”). 4-bit digital grunge turns to 12-bit silky smoothness with a turn of the authentic knob.
The Synclavier® knob is as unique today as it was revolutionary at the time of its introduction. The knob is a rate-of-change controller; close your eyes and let your right-brain kick in to the sound design process. Forget the numbers; forget the digits; let your ears guide the process. Sound design with a touch-screen and Synclavier® knob is as different from a mouse-driven GUI as, well, Synclavier® was different than the Fairlight CMI!
Release 1.13 features include -
• Embedded “Tour” pages detailing setup and operation
• Library browser for saving and calling up Timbres
• 96-button authentic VPK interface
• 16 “Timbre Diskettes” (8 banks x 8 entries)
• Audio Setup 44.1/48 kHz and sample latency controls
• 16-track multi-timbral implementation
• 16-track composite stereo Audiobus output
• Meticulous re-creation of the Synclavier FM sound using hardware modeling
• Easily share Timbres via Audiobus or iTunes file sharing
• Direct expression routing for pitch bend, mod wheel, velocity and pressure
• Ableton Link synchronization with Repeat/Arpeggiate
CSynclavier DSP Engine
• 12 Partial Timbres
• Delay-Attack-Decay-Release envelope generators
• 100 Timbre Frames per Partial
• Noise Floor and Bit Depth controls
• Micro-tuning controls
• Dynamic and Keyboard Envelopes
• Vibrato and Tremolo LFOs
• Authentic re-creation of original instrument and sounds
Synclavier Go! is compatible with all iPad models that can operate iOS Version 9.0 or later. This includes all iPad, iPad Mini, iPad Air and iPad Pro models except the very first iPad 1. The latest iOS version that is compatible with your device is recommended.
The Synclavier Knob is an exciting and authentic option, but is not required for Synclavier Go!
Join us in the exciting renewal of this historic instrument as we strive towards Release 2.0!
Note to Parents: Synclavier Go! is as educational as it is historic and authentic. This app can introduce your teenager to the technical aspects of sound and sound design in a fun and informative environment.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.