SyncTime is the simplest solution to synchronize your files. Did you ever wish you could easily keep up to date all your backup copies, distributed across many devices?
SyncTime will just do it.
SyncTime is capable of so many things, yet is so simple to use. From manual, scheduled or completely automatic syncing, to background syncing, bidirectional syncs and sophisticated exclude filters, you'll be able to set up your syncs exactly as you imagine.
You can create as many sync items as you need and customize each one individually. A sync item mainly consists of two folders: a source and a destination. You can choose any two folders reachable in the Finder: they can be located on your Mac, on an external drive, like a USB stick, or even on a remote server. Among the possible options you will find:
• background syncing: changes are monitored in real time in order to keep your destination always up to date
• four overwrite policies: don't touch files already existing on the destination, overwrite only if the source file is newer than the destination file, overwrite if the source file has a different timestamp or overwrite always
• three sync types: one-way sync (default), two-way sync (merge source and destination) and one-way move (delete the source files after a successful transfer to the destination). Please read carefully about these sync types in the Help section on the SyncTime website
• remove files that don’t exist on the source anymore
• start to sync automatically whenever source and destination become available or sync once a day, a week or a month
• every sync item can be dependent on other sync items: it will trigger the dependencies and run automatically when they are all completed
• files to be overwritten or removed can be moved to the trash (requires Mac OS 10.8 or newer)
• exclude hidden files, files with names containing specific words or matching a regular expression, and selected files. Or exclude the root directory and specify just some included files.
Other features include:
• changes have to be confirmed by default and you can inspect the files that will be added, overwritten and removed and preview them in QuickLook
• cancel a running sync at any time and restart it later
• syncs run in parallel
• automatic launch on login can be enabled from the status bar menu
• your Mac can automatically be set to sleep or shut down after all syncs have finished (requires macOS 10.8 or newer and the respective Applescripts to be installed in the Scripts directory. For detailed instructions, please visit the website)
• export your sync items and reimport them at any time, on any Mac.
What users say about SyncTime:
Great App! Simple setup, fast sync, no-nonsense! Works very good!
It does what it promises, and it does it well.
I have been trying to sync folders on various systems from the bad old MSDOS days on, and have been afflicted with a succession of tedious geeky cranky programs in both the Windows and Apple world. My last one could do almost anything, if you had a week to figure out how. Suddenly, the problem is solved! SyncTime is simple, elegant, intuitive and actually fun to set up and use. I thank whoever did this. One of life’s aggrevations has been resolved. Seriously, this is an Apple-worthy point and click program that presents a lot of flexibility in an uncluttered, elegant way. Someone put a lot of work into making this clean and simple for us. Thanks.
Extremely well designed and does what it says - FAST! I use it to sync important folders to a USB flash drive as an offsite backup to supplement my regular time machine backups. I wanted to be able to manually control what I sync based on what I know I've changed, but still have a level of automation that makes it fast and easy to use. SyncTime delivers on all counts! Great app!
If you have any requests, suggestions or bug reports, please visit:
• Add compatibility with macOS Mojave
• Tags can now be synchronised in two-way syncs on macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Does exactly what i need, nothing more, nothing less. However...
like i said, it does exactly what i need. i want to love it but a crippling issue as arisen and that issue seems to be a memory leak. i have it set to start at login and my imac only goes to sleep, never logging out as i’m the only user. i leave the sync window open to monitor the progress. after a few days and sync routines, activity monitor shows the memory allocated to it has ballooned. on startup it consumes about 85MB with my syncs configured. after 3 days, the memory allocated had ballooned to over 20 GIGABYTES. it seems it holds all of the files it transfers but never lets them go after the transfer is complete? i only noticed this when i woke up my iMac from sleep this morning and it was acting sluggish despite only being 2 weeks old with a fresh install of High Sierra.
i’ll keep a closer eye on it over the next week and update the progress. if the problem persists, i’ll escalate it to the dev. if it doesn’t, i’ll edit this out of my review and adjust it accordingly.
Thank you for your report. If you are still experiencing this issue, please consider visiting the website to get in touch. Thank you for your time.
This is the Best and only Sync Program I Trust
This program is simple to setup any way you want it, without too many or too little settings. It has proven to work solid on everything I throw at it, it doesn’t lose any data, syncs 2 8TB hard drives with large movie files, 200GB iTunes library, 300GB Pictures, as well as all kinds of other data. Synctime also somehow manages to copy data faster than copying and pasting with my Mac. Then the programmer has the best customer service ever. I recommend this program to anybody wanting a seriouse and solid syncing program. I’m a computer tech for a living and this is the only program I support and recommend to all my Mac customers.
Excellent little App
I love this app and have found it's the best one on the market in terms of features and interface. The only thing I wished it could do was update the tags on a file. When I add, change, or delete a tag on a file, I would like this change to backup to my external mirror as well --- as I live and die by my tags. That's the only thing preventing me from giving this app 5 stars!
The developer just updated the application to support this feature. 5 STARS AWARDED! Thank you!
Thank you for your report. The feature you requested has been added in the recent update. Please be sure to check the Updates page in the App Store app to learn how to enable it. Thank you for your time.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.