With the My Synovus Mobile Banking app start banking conveniently and securely from virtually anywhere. Deposit checks on the go, send or receive payments from friends and family, pay bills, transfer money between accounts, view balances, and find Synovus locations.
Simple Account Management
• Review activity and balances in your Synovus checking, savings, loan, and credit card accounts
• Keep track of external account balances
• Quickly view Instant Balances without logging in
• Set alerts to be notified of important account activity
• Search for transactions by keyword, amount date, and check number
Improved Security with Multifactor Authentication
• Set up Touch or Face ID to sign in quickly and securely
• Answer a security question after signing in with a unique username and password
• First-time logins or logins on unknown devices require a one-time passcode in addition to username and password
Move funds quickly and securely between your accounts
Securely send and receive money from friends, family—even the babysitter— with Popmoney® using an email address or mobile number
• Schedule, edit, or cancel payments to companies
• Add and edit recipients
• View and pay upcoming eBills
Mobile Check Deposit****
• Use your camera to deposit checks
• Enter the deposit amount and submit photos of your endorsed check
• Find Synovus branch and ATM locations across the Southeast
• Search locations close to you, near an address or within a specific ZIP code
• Location permissions are necessary to determine your current location to display nearby Synovus locations/ATMs and provide mapping directions
• Camera permissions are necessary for you to use the Mobile Deposit feature
• Internet access permissions are necessary for the app to connect with My Synovus
• Minimum system requirement: Apple iOS 11 or higher
• Access to your device’s contacts is required for Popmoney®
About My Synovus
• The My Synovus App is free to download. Use of the My Synovus app requires your mobile service provider’s data and/or text plan for which charges may apply.
• You can sign in on the app using your existing My Synovus username and password or enroll via the link from the app’s login page.
• You may also be asked to answer security questions and/or receive a one-time passcode to login.
• The My Synovus App is suited for ages 13 and up. Minors ages 13 and older have limited access to services within the app.
Please refer to the My Synovus agreement at https://www.synovus.com/personal/my-synovus/agreement/ for complete details.
*Account Transaction Limitations for Savings and Money Market Accounts— Savings and Money Market accounts may have no more than six (6) debit transactions per month or monthly statement cycle. A debit transaction is a check, debit/check card transaction, transfer, or pre-authorized transfer, including those made by phone or modem. Unlimited transactions are permitted if made by the customer in person, by mail, through an ATM or by phone if the check is mailed to the customer. If an account continually exceeds the allowed debit transactions, we may convert it to a checking account.
** Pay People requires enrollment in Popmoney service. Individual, daily, and monthly payment limits apply and are described within the Popmoney service in My Synovus. Popmoney payments sent through the My Synovus mobile app to an email address must be less than $100 per payment.
***Pay bills or companies requires enrollment in Bill Pay service through My Synovus.
****Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Deposits are subject to verification. Funds are available within 3 business days. Camera must have at least two megapixels in resolution.
The service marks and trademarks used herein belong to their respective owners.
Synovus Bank, Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender ©2019 Synovus Bank
-New security features, including Touch and Face ID
-Completely redesigned layout
-Robust account alert options
-Secure messaging with Customer Care
-Enhanced mobile deposit
Ratings and Reviews
New App is crap!
To preface, I never take the time to rate apps. Seems like a waste... However, I certainly hope that isn’t the case here. I want the old app back. It worked fine. It was user friendly and never failed to function nor allow me to do exactly what I needed to do. Its replacement, however, is slow, clunky, always requires multiple login attempts, and it is simply ugly. An app that has links appearing on top of others (bottom of home screen), should’ve never been released. An app that offers Touch ID login that very rarely works on the first, second, third, even fourth attempt, should’ve never been released. It has even forced me to enter previously entered information as if it was a first time use. Wait until the app is at least functional before rolling it out! It is the only avenue a customer has when it comes to mobile banking. As a Synovus customer, I am trapped, at your absolute mercy.. I have been a customer of this bank since the early 1980’s (CB&T). So, I definitely feel I have a legitimate voice. My recommendations: Update all functionality issues, ie., speed, smoothness, login, etc. Create a more visible distinction between debits and credits (a tiny minus sign doesn’t cut it), get rid of the weird Dollar Tree looking Christmas card cover photo appearing once logged in, it doesn’t even say Synovus!. It makes no sense. Come on Synovus! You can do better! Don’t make me change banks after all this time just because of a dysfunctional mobile banking app.
Post My Synovus Update
They released the My Synovus app update today. Can’t get the app to load at all. It just brings up a white screen and nothing happens. Whenever I try to access the portal from a webpage instead, it’s slow and times me out of the session before I even have a chance to complete the verification process.
I haven’t been able to access my account at all for two days through any way. I’ve never reviewed apps before mainly because I don’t care that much to and I usually have another app to try when another fails. Not this time. I need access to my accounts and don’t have another way to complete my banking other than the portal and that doesn’t work.
I get that the last app was trash, but at least I check my balances. If you’re gonna update an app, then make it better. Don’t just break everything and leave us in the dark. It took over a year to get an update, and this is what you give us? I get things happen, but it’s like you guys didn’t even try. Don’t apologize, do better.
Developer Response ,
Both our app and online My Synovus experiences faced slow response times shortly after launch, causing login issues and delays in information updates. We're sorry for the frustration of trying to do the same thing multiple times -- we know you don't have time for that. My Synovus should be easy to use, not an inconvenience. We've made some updates behind-the-scenes to fix these performance issues, and you should have a much better experience the next time you login.
Not there yet but got there
Had trouble signing in. Deleted and reinstalled. There will be more PB activity because no one will remember these security questions. They will make something up to get them through and then forget it. I like that I can see my IRAs again. Bankers and call center should ALWAYS be involved with changes like these. They are the ones that have to deal with the consequences. Also, checking account balances are not up to date. This will cause overdrafts which Synovus will not refund resulting in bad customer service and ultimately unhappy customers.
App is working fine now. Yay! I hope the reviews helped fix any issues. Thank y’all for working so hard to fix the issues.
Developer Response ,
Diabetic Supporter, We apologize for the issues you've encountered using the new app for the first time. Since launch, we have experienced slower-than-expected system response times. We've been monitoring the app and quickly making adjustments to improve the login experience. Many of these issues are temporary following the launch. We're committed to doing the right thing for our customers and are working with anyone who has run into issues with the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.