The Sky-Watcher SynScan hand controller is now available as an app on your smart device.
Use this app to control the AZ GTi mount or other Sky-Watcher AZ telescope mounts fitted with a SynScan Wi-Fi adapter.
For more info, visit www.skywatcher.com
• Updated translation
• UI Settings: added an option to keep iOS screen unlocked
• Elevation limit: allow go to to -10 degree altitude.
• Auto home: Fix problem with dec offset
• Control polar scope light for EQ6 and HEQ5
• Orientation sensor: avoid keeping sensor activated
• Added Observe sun option
• Save PAE data to file, restore it on connect along with alignment data
• SynScanMobile ASCOM: improve conformance
• Pro: Added sun and moon to 1-star alignment list
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept - needs more work
I recently bought the Skywatcher AZ-Gti mount which is exactly what I needed Foran easy travel mount.
This app works well with the mount but the position of the moon is always incorrect. The app shows the moon below the horizon when it is high in the sky.
If you fix this I will happily give the App 5 stars.
Looks good. Some recommendations!
1. Tonight's Best should have its own button on the main screen. It doesn't belong under Utility.
2. There should be a numeric keypad, with Catalog keys (M for Messier, N for NGC, etc.). That way, someone could easily enter M-2-2 for M22 or N-G-C-4-5-6-5 for NGC4565. It would be more direct, take fewer steps, and be more analogous to the hand controller.
3. The info for an object on the search screen should include type, size, magnitude, and constellation — without having to go inside and then be inundated with a LONG list with all sorts of extra details. Give us the key information right up front — e.g., Globular Cluster, Sagittarius, mag 5.8, size 13”.
Right now, all you have there is mag — and the RA-Dec data which is largely irrelevant on a go-to mount. You have plenty of space to add type, size, and constellation to that search screen, without going to another screen!
4. A mini-photo of the brightest objects would be good to include there, too!
5. There should be an “Add Object to User List” button next to objects. Again, the functionality is there, but it's buried and requires multiple steps to do.
6. Carbon Stars or Red Stars would be a great addition, especially as the AZ-GTi mount is good for small scopes.
7. Other catalogs needed: Binocular objects (catch the big asterism and clusters for rich field scopes), RASC NGC Best, and Herschel 400 would be worth adding.
8. Solar System should not be under Star!
9. Finally, the app really should have a sky chart — or it should work with Sky Safari on a single device!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.