Synth 76477 is a powerful sound effects generator and synthesizer app, inspired by the famous SN76477 integrated circuit from the 1970s, but containing many enhancements.
• Three oscillators, each of which can produce a sine, triangle, sawtooth, or square wave
• The outputs of two of the oscillators can be used to modulate the main oscillator
• Frequency modulation can be linear or octave based
• The duty cycle of the main oscillator can be adjusted in square wave mode
• Noise generator, either analog or digital, with an adjustable low pass filter
• Oscillator outputs can be mixed to the audio output
• Fully configurable ADSR (Attack / Decay / Sustain / Release) envelope, linear or exponential
• One shot mode available
• Unlimited number of sound effect generator boards
• User configurable array of sound effect generator buttons on each board, up to 50 on the iPhone and 150 on the iPad
• Boards as well as individual generators can be exported and imported, and transferred to and from your computer via iTunes file sharing, making it easy to share with others
Synth 76477 comes with a full set of sample sound generators, making it easy to understand how to use and configure them, and tap the full power of the app.
Synth 76477 works with MIDI input devices (keyboards and controllers) in several interesting ways:
If you plug a MIDI device into an iPad (via the USB Camera Connection Kit), Synth 76477 will automatically use it. You can plug several MIDI controllers in via a powered HUB, and Synth 76477 will use all of them. You can also use MIDI controllers over WiFi.
Midi controllers can be used to trigger chip playback, or set the VCO frequency and volume. They can also be used in the chip editor to adjust the various settings.
The app also supports Bluetooth audio devices.
Visit the support page for step by step instructions on how to use the app: http://www.blackcatsystems.com/ipad/complex_sound_synthesizer_FAQ.html
Buy your copy right now, and start generating your own sound effects in minutes.
Updates for iOS 10.3.
Fixed a bug that could cause changes to chips to not be saved.
Ratings and Reviews
Landscape mode please!
Neat app but sorely needs landscape mode.
I was actually going to write the developer to introduce'em' to the Audiobus program ....in hopes ov convincing him/her/it/them...to 'bus their oscillator app :since no one has yet put a Stereo ToneGen to date '?' & how 'profitably accurate ' it would fit in the present'line-up'....nevertheless this is powerfully-simplifiablily-informative & overduely-welcome ....!
WOW man I'm trippin out doods! This is a quality title and I'm glad I bought it unlike some other purchases on ios. Perfect for dub sirens or any period sound effects. Or just trippy sounds for your scifi film!
One thing I think it needs desperately is a midi input and assigned note number for every pad.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.