Synthesizer specially designed for creating and experiments with ambient soundscapes in wide range from noises to melodic instruments and everything in between.
The sound engine of SynthScaper has its own unique sounding differ from any other software synths. You can construct outstanding melodic pads or atonal soundscapes from different kind of built-in or downloaded samples by using all power of multi-layered oscillators, chains of filters and effects, envelope generators and low frequency oscillators. Or you can create your own sound scenes combining oscillators presets from build-in library. Or just use predefined scenes.
Very flexible settings of each module give you a great opportunity for creating unique and colorful sounding from usual instruments or natural samples and adding automated changes and spatial effects for an endless variations. Different ways of assigning screen and MIDI keyboards to the oscillators provide very advanced features to control the sound. The on-screen keyboard is adapted to create special effects and varying the continuous textures and drones.
The Designer tool uses the neural network to generates new presets based on already existing by adding some random variations and checking the result so that the new preset remains similar to the selected pattern.
● Three independent oscillators.
● Three layers for each oscillator.
● Six voices for each layer.
● Six envelope generators.
● Six low frequency oscillators.
● Arpeggiator / sequencer for each oscillator.
● Designer tool for generate scenes and presets.
● General processing of level, balance, LPF, HPF for each layer.
● Three slots for filters and effects after each oscillator.
● Twenty additional selectable filters and effects.
● Spatial mixer with two different sound space.
● Screen keyboard adapted for continuous textures and soundscapes.
● Predefined set of keyboard scales and custom scales.
● Full screen, double and split features for screen keyboard.
● Options of screen keyboard for pitch, continuous, modify, velocity.
● Supports for two virtual and two MIDI keyboards at the same time.
● Flexible assigning keyboards and controls to the oscillators.
● Two main effects controls can combine several parameters.
● Uploading samples thru Dropbox, Web access, clipboard.
● Auto and manual tuning of samples with frequency analyzer.
● Set of predefined and ready-to-use scenes and presets.
● Built-in library of samples of instruments, synths, noises, etc.
● Possibility to pack and share scenes and samples as single file.
● Supports loop points and note info in WAV files.
● Detailed application description (built-in and PDF file).
● Inter-App audio compatible (with transport and BPM controls).
● Supports Audiobus 3 with "State Saving" and MIDI features.
● Supports Ableton Link with start / stop sync.
Recommended at least iPhone 6 / iPad Mini 4 / iPad Air 2 and higher.
You can find more details about SynthScaper on the website:
Overview and demo video:
Preview - http://youtu.be/qqeWdFVfBCg
Preview - http://youtu.be/vyKX0ZfJ_n8
Sound design demo - http://youtu.be/oqCz7ALNhOM
Default scenes demo - http://youtu.be/-pflmiFtHnc
Added an advanced arpeggiator / sequencer for each oscillator with modes where the keyboard can start the sequence and shift it depending on the key. Also, you can record sequence steps using screen or MIDI keyboard or select sequences from other scenes. The start and tempo of the sequence can be synchronized with Ableton Link, Inter-App audio or with external MIDI devices.
With this update you can access SynthScaper samples by using iOS 11 Files app. Just open app "Files" - "On My iPad (iPhone)" - "SynthScaper" to copy, move, delete or rename any file which contains in SynthScaper. Also with Files app you can easily copy samples to SynthScaper from any other apps or storage cloud services.
● Own sequencer / arpeggiator for each oscillator.
● Sync with Ableton Link, Inter-App audio and MIDI.
● Select sequences from other scenes (if they defined).
● Record sequence from virtual or MIDI keyboards.
● Mode when keyboard starts and shifts sequence.
● Mode "All" to set params for all sequencers at once.
● Button "Rand" on main screen generate new scene.
● Access files thru iOS 11 Files app.
● Support bluetooth MIDI controllers.
● Built-in description updated.
● Several minor bugs were fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Everything this developer does is generally ahead of the pack. This latest update has put this app in the best of iOS synths of all time. Anyone can muddy sounds with Granular and add reverb- this app evolves the sounds in ways that please the ears and a retro
Future GUI make it a charmer! Well done look for next app.
Easy to lose track of time while playing with this.
I love this app.
Lots of fun to play with. Very flexible with access to just about any parameter. Still working with it and having a great time.
- Igor Vasiliev
- 65.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Igor Vasiliev
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.