The soundtrack to your gaming world, Syrinscape creates immersive sound design and a movie-like soundtrack for tabletop games.
Transform your next role-playing or tabletop gaming session. Syrinscape is a revolutionary sound design app created in Australia by tabletop role-playing aficionados. The app conjures every aural landscape imaginable, from ethereal forests or dank, vermin-filled dungeons to the spooky depths of the underworld.
Unlike other soundboard-style apps, Syrinscape uses adaptable libraries of sound files – SoundSets – to improvise soundscapes, allowing users a great degree of control over what they are hearing, while requiring almost no interaction while the app runs.
The Syrinscape Fantasy Player app is optimized for iPad, giving users the ability to playback Syrinscape SoundSets with a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. All the fantasy SoundSets you buy from the Syrinscape Store are available across all your devices, so you can pick up whichever device is to hand and immerse yourself in whatever sound world you desire.
Plug this into some big speakers at your next game and blow your player's minds!
- Add separate volume control for oneshots.
- Remember zoom setting.
- Don’t change device UUID when USB devices are attached.
- Add scrollbar to campaign list.
- Replace the pause button with a stop all button.
- Queue background artwork downloads to improve first launch experience.
- Improve display of long names on the soundset updates list.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing App, 2 major problems
This app is so fun and crazy amazing! Great sounds, great music, but for me, almost utterly unusable.
The problems are these:
1) Sound stops when exiting app!
When you exit the app, the sound stops! Unlike itunes or many other apps that have it worked out to play in the background, Syrinscape does not (that I could find).
That means if I want to look something up on my ipad or run my game off another app like Encounter+ or GameMaster 5, the sound quits immediately. And again, since I’ve been running enounters off of GameMaster, the great soundscapes abruptly cut off and completely spoil the mood.
So that makes it unusable for me.
2) Multitasking is not enabled
I tried to work around the above issue, with multitasking, but since it’s not enabled for this app (as far as I could tell), I could not add Game master 5 to the same screen. This would have been a valid work around, and in fact really nice because I could still control sound and game master 5 at the same time. (And yes, I checked, GameMaster 5 DOES have multitasking enabled. So that’s not the issue.)
Again, great novelty, but without those 2 functions, I can’t use it during a campaign.
I tried running off my phone, but it’s too small for me (on an iphone XsM - the big one), and I don’t want to use 2 devices at a time. Just doesn’t work for me.
Again, this app is really cool, with great sounds, but if I can’t use it, it’s just a cool toy.
If I’ve missed something with my able 2 problems, please let me know!
And of course, I’ll update this review if I’m wrong or if the developers fix it.
Lots of fun, could use some tweaks
This app is a great idea - I love messing with all the sound effects and my players really enjoy the atmospheres.
However, if I may suggest a couple of things to vastly improve the experience:
1. A more organized sound set list. There are so many sound sets that scrolling through to find the one I want - especially mid-game - is a pain. Perhaps some kind of nested file system, or a function to allow me to organize it myself, or even an alphabetical list would be helpful. A “favorites” folder so I could pull together sets I plan to use for a session would be especially welcome.
2. PLEASE allow this app to run in the background. If I need to look up some esoteric rule or use my dice-rolling app, I have to shut off the music, which is very distracting and puts a hitch in gameplay.
3. Related to number 2, the battery drain on my phone is terrible, likely because the app forces the screen to be on while running. Without a charging cable, we may not get enough music to last the session before my phone dies.
Although all of these improvements are important, I still really enjoy your app. It adds flavor to our gaming experience and my players and I have had a lot of fun with it.
Great atmosphere enhancement!
This adds sooo much to our pathfinder games! I love that there are built in sets for different adventure paths! Just wish there was one for Curse of the Crimson Throne...
- Syrinscape Pty Ltd
- 233.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Syrinscape Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.