Syrp - Genie
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create amazing motion time-lapse, video and Panoramas with the Genie Mini! Use the Syrp Genie App to connect to the Genie Mini and setup smooth motion control time-lapse and video shots. You can also shoot panoramas or full 360 photos for use in compatible platforms such as Facebook and Youtube. The Genie Mini can be used with a variety of cameras including Smartphones, GoPro, Mirror-less cameras and DSLRs.
The App is designed to be beginner friendly and includes a number of factory presets for instant setup as well as help screens and tutorials for ease of use. The Syrp Genie App can also be used to program record times, interval between shots and movement parameters for video, time-lapse and panorama modes.
- Control the Genie Mini for smooth panning camera motion time-lapse and video.
- Control the Genie Mini to shoot panoramic photos or 360 photos.
- Time-lapse presets for Stars, People, Clouds, City Lights, GoPro People, GoPro Clouds
- Video presets for slow, medium and fast motion.
- Save your own presets with customised photo into the preset menu
- Custom setup for speed, movement, record time, interval and playback time.
- Ease in / Ease out for smooth movement ramping
- HDR Timelapse
- Move shoot move, or continuous movement in time-lapse modes.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
+ Linear distance can now be shown in imperial units. Go to the app settings to change to imperial or metric.
+ Fixed photo library/camera permissions causing crash
+ Improved error screens now shown if a Genie Mini firmware update fails
Serious system flaw
I cannot say if the problem is solely the fault of the app (it is possible that firmware is the source of trouble); however, the dual axis system has a serious system flaw. There are times when the tilt axis unpredictability swings a full revolution in a direction opposite the intended direction to arrive at a start or stop point. The potential damage to an attached camera/video during this behavior (i.e., crashing into the pan axis) should be obvious. How Syrp managed to overlook this serious flaw defies comprehension.
Other times, after setting up a new video motion, pressing the record button results in nothing happening (i.e., the message "finished" appears!).
The dual axis system was obviously rushed to market without adequate testing and I recommend steering clear of it until Syrp resolves these issues.
App does really well, responsive, easy to use with genie mini, seems to always connect without issue. Nice job.
App interface is junk, genie mini spins endlessly for no reason, very inefficient, etc etc. Seriously awful to use.