Sysex Base is a MIDI sysex file manager for iPhone and iPad. Back up your synth sounds, organize libraries, and load them back onto your synths! Designed to be quick and easy to use.
Some of the features:
- Record and send sysex data via a connected MIDI interface, or wireless or Bluetooth MIDI
- Organize your sysex files into folders, rename them, delete them, etc.
- Adjustable transmit speed, for working with older hardware
- Automatically back up your sysex files using iCloud
- Open sysex files from other apps such as Mail, Dropbox, Google Drive
- Export sysex files to other apps just as easily
- Quickly view the data inside of a sysex file, including the individual bytes, the Manufacturer indicated, the file size, and the number of sysex messages in the file
Also, Sysex Base allows you to record incoming sysex data and transmit sysex to your synth at the same time! So you can even do backups of older synths (such as the Casio CZ series) that require a message to be sent to them to trigger a data dump. These trigger files can be saved within Sysex Base like any other file.
Bug fixes related to iCloud.
Ratings and Reviews
Working great. Now I don’t have to drag out a twenty year old laptop to back up my patches!
What a fantastic tool to have. Please keep supporting it.
Every app you've made, that I have - I love them all 🙂
All I want to do with this is a basic sysex settings backup. It does not appear to work. And there is apparently no manual or anything to troubleshoot. And no mechanism to request a refund. Save your $10.
Developer Response ,
Sorry for the late reply on this, but if you're still trying to use the app and having problems, please contact me via the in-app support, or via the website, and I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot your setup.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.