System Guard can shows detail information about your iDevice. It shows the hardware spec, system run-time info, sensor data, and network status. You can also e-mail the report as plain text and Excel file (.xlsx) for backup or sharing with friends.
If you do not need so many features now, you could buy Lite version (System Guard Lite), and upgrade your Lite version by in-app purchase later.
Please see more screenshots in http://apps.textstarter.com/systemguard-features
System Guard starts with summary page. The summary page could let you know device status quickly, it provides you a simple UI for memory usage, disk usage, battery status, CPU utilization, and process list. If you need to investigate detail, please go to other pages to see detail items.
Recording (also works in background mode) :
1. CPU Utilization, Memory Usage, Data Traffic - Record system run-time info and export as xlsx file. (background mode only up to 3 minutes in iOS 7)
2. GPS track - Record GPS signal and export as KML, GPX, and xlsx formats.
3. Core Motion - Record Core Motion and Device Motion events, then export as xlsx format and analysis in PC. Core Motion event includes gyroscope rotation rate, accelerometer, magnetometer. Device Motion event includes roll, pitch, yaw), quaternion, rotation rate, gravity, user acceleration. The sampling rate is adjustable for experiment.
OS System Info:
1. The usage of memory - RAM chip size, free memory, wired memory, active memory, inactive memory, other memory (ex GPU), page in/out/fault.
2. Disk information - every mounted disks info: total space, free space, block size, filesytem, mount point, mount flags
3. System loading - average loading, mach factor, CPU utilization(average and per core)
4. Kernel info - OS Type, OS Release, OS Revision, Version
5. boot time, uptime, system name, system version, time zone, locale language
1. WiFi and Cellular - WiFi's SSID, BSSID, AP vendor, Cellular's carrier name.
2. Data traffic - data rate for each interfaces. TCP, UDP, IP packet count
3. TCP/UDP connections - all TCP and UDP connections, include listening port. For active connection, it shows TCP state, local IP:port, remote IP:port, TX/RX data size. You can also get the IP geolocation.
4. Routing table - all routing entries in routing table, destination IP, gateway, interface, routing flags, use count, reference count, expire time. You can also get the IP geolocation.
1. Battery - level, is charging, is plugged power
2. Audio - output volume, input volume, any app playing audio, microphone and headphone status, current input device and output device, sampling rate
3. Display - resolution, brightness, external display count.
4. Camera - flash, torch, low light boost, focus mode, exposure mode, white balance mode
5. GPS - latitude, longitude, altitude, accuracy in both horizontal and vertical
6. CoreMotion - gyroscope rotation rate, accelerometer, magnetometer. The iOS processed device motion result: (roll, pitch, yaw), quaternion, rotation rate, gravity, user acceleration, magnetic field with simple 3D graph. Activity and step count in iOS 7.
1. CPU - CPU family, number of core, L1/L2 cache size,
2. GPU - GPU vendor, OpenGL version, OpenGL extension, OpenGL limitation
3. Device Compatibility - the device features to ensure your iDevice can support App's requirement.
4. device model, hardware machine, hardware model, application processor, flash size, ram size
* Today Widget (iOS 8 only)
SystemToday provides rich information in Notification Center:
1. CPU utilization,
2. system loading,
3. free memory size,
4. free storage size,
5. WiFi/Cellular data rate.
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Fix crash in iOS 6
Ratings and Reviews
More Information Than You’ll Probably Ever Need
While Apple has done a disservice to its users by hiding core system info like the networking machine identity (MAC-ID), this app does a great job at displaying everything you can see. It’s perfect for anything from troubleshooting software and networking issues to testing and validation for developers. What’s more, it has some great features like recording network, CPU, and even GPS activity with some big caveats. (See below.)
My only two complaints are:
(1) The UI is a bad implementation of a great idea. The left control gutter is very smart and easy to use, but the fact that your data readings get pushed off of the display when you open the gutter is not. There is definitely plenty of room for it in landscape, and in portrait you could easily use ellipses to truncate descriptions to allow for data display.
(2) The record function only works when the app is in the foreground which makes it kind of useless for background record and while testing other apps in the foreground. Sure, you can record background activity which is useful if you have some app that seems to be pegging even while backgrounded, but that’s about it. Same for GPS recording- not even sure why one would bother.
Just crashes when you try to view process report. Where is my 2.99 back for the useless app?
I don't write a lot of reviews (I probably should), but SystemGuard is excellent and warranted my time. The app gives you a very low-level, no-BS view of what's going on with an iOS device - like cpu, memory and network traffic. The invaluable "recording" feature allows you to monitor/record resource usage while using other apps (it runs backgrounded for up to around three or four minutes). Combined with iOS 9's slide functionality on iPad, you can accurately pin down which apps are eating your resources (and killing your battery life). I hope the author continues development as they have been because this is a wonderful app. My only minor complaint is that some of the UI views (like graphing and table layout) could use some polish, but this isn't the core functionality of the app.
- Jiang Ming Xian
- 11.1 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2013, 2014, 2015, Jiang Ming Xian
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.