By Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
System Monitor is an application for the menu bar of Mac OS X, designed to inform you unobtrusively about the activity of your computer. You can retrieve up-to-date technical data any time, like process load, CPU temperature, main memory consumption, storage space, disk activity, communication on network interfaces, etc. By positioning the app in the menu bar, as least screen real estate as possible will be wasted. The program monitors your system continuously and is readily available when you need it.
If desired, System Monitor can also simulate the flickering activity lights of hard drives or network sockets in the menu bar. This is possible either in color or —perfectly integrated into the design of Mac OS X— in inconspicuous black-and-white. PC switchers who miss this feature on Macintosh computers can easily retrofit this function with System Monitor.
What's New in Version 1.3
- Added new feature to list Macintosh volume names as comment lines in the menu for monitored disks. This helps users to more easily identify which volumes are located on which disks.
- Added new preference setting to display paging operations as transferred memory sizes, instead of as counters.
- Bar chart displays shown in the menu bar have been slightly redesigned to provide a more elegant look.
- In the list of possible providers for WAN IP address lookups, the service of “The Privacy Ecosystem” has been replaced by the service of Amazon Inc.
- Corrected a problem where the activity indicators of network interfaces did not work correctly when all activity indicators for disk drives had been disabled.
- Corrected a problem where the first digit of numerical displays of temperature readings in centigrades or of total system load may have been suppressed by the menu bar layout when a value of 99 was exceeded.
works in maverick
It works with current os maverick I have used this monitoring system since it came out no problems thru several update os. love the temp and memory monitor. I always know if my mac is overheating especially when running a windows program.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 11, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Marcel Bresink
- © 2011 - 2013 Marcel Bresink Software-Systeme
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later