t Chess Lite
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, Retina displays, and all of Apple's display sizes.
tChess Lite is the popular chess game designed just for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. tChess is like a virtual chess board on your device. It's fun and easy to use--perfect for the casual player!
This game features a very clean UI design and beautiful graphics. tChess is a fast and stable program. Pick up a game in your free time... and there's no problem listening to your music while you play.
(tChess Lite is a fully-functional version of tChess for casual chess players. If you're an active player and want enthusiast-level features, take a look at tChess Pro, which is over 1000 ELO stronger and has received rave reviews from Grandmaster Susan Polgar, PE's Chess Cast, and iPhone app critics.)
tChess Lite Features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games (on the same device, no network connection required)
- Tap-tap to move pieces
- Highlights legal moves
- View full game history in the Move List
- Go back or forward move by move and replay completed games
- Built-in chess clock
- "Get hint" feature to improve your game
- Easy to undo moves
- Saves your game automatically if you exit the program or take a call
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 1200
- Computer opponent is the most fun and realistic for beginners and casual players
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games and track your progress
- Over 15,000 openings for fresh, varied games
tChess Lite is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
- Native support for the iPhone 6/6+ screen resolutions
- New "Benchmark" feature: measure your iOS device's performance
- Optional "New game" toolbar button
Excellent Chess Game, Tutor
Integrates nicely with Game Center. Attractive chess board, nice wooden sound, appearance. Built-in tutor. Works well consistently, allows me to keep a running game going with my son who lives three states away. Even has nice messaging function, so you can correspond with opponent. This is my go-to app after I am done with everything else.
Enjoy as a break
Not a big chess player so I enjoy playing at a level where I'm not in check in 6 moves, and game is simple to use, change and learn from.
Great Chess for beginners
My daily friend. I love everything about this game. I play 10 or 15 games a day and amazed after years I can find almost infinite new endings it simply is the best.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.