t Chess Pro
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and every Apple display size.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.3
- New "Analyze Game" feature: see an overview of the entire game in seconds
- Native support for the iPhone 6/6+ screen resolutions
- New "Benchmark" feature: measure your iOS device's performance
- Optional "Revert" toolbar button
- Optional "New game" toolbar button
I have tried a number of chess games for my IPad. This one is the best by far. Playing against the computer is addictive. Your score is rated up or down, depending on how you do. I started,with a rating of 600. I was over 2200 recently.
The game is both challenging and fun.
I've used this program for chess and chess instruction for a couple of years already. The current update is better than ever. For me, I can't think of anything that it is missing. Good and strong too.
Successful turn based game!
I've now played a slew of international turn based games and although the interface can be a little wonky, it works great.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 04, 2015
- Version: 1.8.3
- Size: 3.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.