t Chess Pro
By Tom Kerrigan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Note: tChess is a "universal binary" and is designed for the iPhone AND iPad, so you don't have to buy two different apps.
tChess has support for all of Apple's technologies and devices: Game Center to play real-time or turn-based games online with your friends and family, iCloud, AirPrint, dual-core chips, Retina displays, and the iPhone 5's 4" display.
tChess Pro is the high-quality, critically acclaimed chess game with the richest features for the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It's perfect for every player:
Not everybody is a chess master! Most chess games are too strong or just make random mistakes at easier levels. tChess Pro has unique algorithms to simulate human opponents.
tChess Pro has a top-tier chess engine. (Over 380 ELO points stronger than Caissa Chess.)
tChess Pro's Analysis Mode is like having a chess master in your pocket. You can get the engine's "expert opinion" about any game or position in real-time: which side is winning, and the best sequence of moves. Just like a professional desktop chess package.
More key features:
- Perfect for 1- or 2-player games
- Strong computer opponent
- Play against any ELO rating from 500 to 2500
- Integrated "Learn Chess" e-book app (Apple Staff Favorite!)
- Opening Library feature lets you explore chess opening theory as you play
- PGN Database feature lets you download and view PGN files
- Support for 3-stage time controls with Fischer increments
- Position Editor to enter positions from books, newspapers, etc.
- Save and load games; export them in standard PGN format
- Use the Profile feature to play rated games against the computer and track your progress
tChess Pro is developed by Tom Kerrigan, author of the TSCP and Stobor chess engines.
What's New in Version 1.8.2
- New “Toolbar buttons” feature allows you to customize the main toolbar
- New (optional) Game Center toolbar button allows you to quickly access the list of turn-based Game Center games
- Fixed a bug that was causing Profile information to be deleted in some cases
- Fixed a bug that was causing tChess to crash in some cases when submitting Game Center moves
- Compatible with PGN files that don’t have spaces between move numbers and moves
- Time controls now carry over to new games
- Shortcut in the Annotation menu allows you to enter a new annotation with one tap
Superb chess app.
[v1.8.2] Thank you for the continued frequent updates to this incredible chess app, it only gets better, thus further proving to be a wise investment.
[v1.8.1] It fits iOS 7's style and it's highly customizable. I've been meaning to buy this app for a while now because of it's many good reviews. I was also pleased it supports landscape orientation and not just portrait. It also has various chess boards/sets to choose from and a pgn database you can add to.. or create from scratch. Thanks to the developers of this app for creating such a flawless mobile application. In my opinion it is much better than shredder. That pretty much sums up my review, so if you're trying to decide if it's worth the money then you've got a solid yes from me. Hope this review serves you well.
Great app, superb features. Definitely worth the investment
As a beginner chess player this app has been amazing. The hint feature really speeds up your learning as to how to set up the board, and the ability to go back Moves helps get you out of sticky positions and the races dumb moves when you're just learning. I madness app can facilitate better chess players as you can adjust the AI ability right up to grandmaster level. It's great that they use a complex program to actually consider the board instead of just make random dumb moves in the AI is set at easier levels. In every way completely worth the investment :)
Strong engine, flexible interface and settings. I particularly liked the AI opponent's auto rating adjustment feature.
The developer is courteous and friendly in terms of support.
I am also using shredder, which is as solid engine wise. However shredder has fewer choices in settings, and can be rather awkward when you try to review a game - there are only a pair of buttons that let you go back and forth one move at a time, whereas in this app you can jump to any move with one tap.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 03, 2013
- Version: 1.8.2
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Tom Kerrigan
- © Tom Kerrigan
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.