Face the world's fiercest dinosaurs and make it back to the future in one piece! You're a physics student with a dream: travel back in time and document the world of dinosaurs. Can you survive the terrors of the Tyrannosaurus rex?
"T-Rex Time Machine" is a 170,000 word interactive adventure novel by Rosemary Claire Smith, where your choices control the story. It's entirely text-based—without graphics or sound effects—and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.
When you successfully convert your Land Rover into a working time machine, you set your sights on traveling to the age of the Tyrannosaurus rex, triceratops, and pterosaur where you'll study dinosaurs and film a thrilling documentary. The only problem is the competition: your rival and enemy Darien Vance has claimed your work for his own, accused you of plagiarism, and had you kicked out of graduate school. When you travel back in time, you'll have to prove you got there first, redeem your good name, and make it home safely.
• Play as male or female, gay or straight.
• Dodge stampeding triceratopses and sickle-clawed troodontids.
• Find love with your best friend or one of your time-traveling classmates.
• Feed a baby duckbilled dinosaur and let it imprint on you.
• Film and debut your dinosaur documentary—as a scientific masterpiece or a heartwarming nature film.
• Master time travel as you repair your Land Rover on the fly.
• Prove your rival stole your time machine plans, or forge a new partnership with him.
Explore the Age of Dinosaurs--if you dare!
Added support for iPhone X. If you enjoy playing "T-Rex Time Machine," please leave us a written review. It really helps!
Ratings and Reviews
100% Biased Review
I wanna say that I got it because it looked like it has good pacing or because it has an interesting premises or something but nope the kid in me won out and I bought it solely because it had a T-Rex in it. 10/10 would highly recommend it to everyone.
I've read worse
The story is blunt and has no subtlety. It isn't always clear what choices test which stats. Multiple choices throughout say that you need to be a good driver, but there's no stat called "driving ability" or anything similar. I've read worse stories,though, and you might enjoy it more if you like dinosaurs more than I do.
Skip this one
The writing is ok but I just noticed a ton of inconsistencies throughout the game. Grammar and spelling errors, a character being described as a “plump young woman” yet later you choose their gender, and many other weird mistakes. I feel that, for some reason, this game wasn’t play tested enough. Kinda regret buying. Good idea, not thoroughly used.
- Choice of Games LLC
- 40.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017 Rosemary Claire Smith
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.