TaalMala provides personalized accompaniment of Tabla, Pakhawaj, Manjeera, Tanpura, SwarMandal and Lehra/Nagma on Santoor and Harmonium. Use TaalMala for your daily riyaaz or live concerts. With high-quality Tabla, Pakhawaj, Manjeera, Tanpura, SwarMandal, Santoor and Harmonium sounds sampled from real instruments, more than 341+ pre-composed Taals and Sequences, and more than 247+ pre-composed Lehra/Nagma compositions, and 450+ SwarMandal patterns in 45+ Ragas, TaalMala provides a complete practising solution for any Indian musician.
With TaalMala Composer, you can compose your own Taals, Lehras/Nagmas, SwarMandal patterns by simply typing the notation of the Taal/Lehra on special built-in Taal/Lehra keyboard. With TaalMala Sequencer, you can arrange sequences of fixed or randomized Taal and Lehra/Nagma patterns.
- High-quality studio-recorded Tabla, Pakhawaj, Tanpura, SwarMandal, Santoor, Harmonium and Manjeera (Zanj) sounds
- Two sets of Tabla/Dagga sounds and ability to choose and mix-match between the two sound sets
- 341+ pre-composed Taals and Taal sequences, including most popular Taals and their variations
- 247+ pre-composed Lehra/Nagma compositions and sequences in multitude of ragas and Taals
- 490+ pre-composed SwarMandal patterns in 50+ Ragas
- New Taals, Lehras/Nagmas and compositions added frequently as updates
- Compose your own Taals and Lehras/Nagmas by simply entering the notation
- Powerful sequencer to compose fixed and automatically randomized sequences from the Taals and Lehras library
- Automatic Manjeera/Zanj accompaniment, synchronized with the Tabla/Pakhawaj Taals
- Adjustable tempo from 10 bpm to 1000 bpm
- Pitch control (+/- 0.5 octave), with independent fine-tuning of all instruments for precise matching with your scale
- Independent volume control for Tabla/Pitch, Dagga/Bass, Manjeera and Lehra/Nagma
- Choice of chromatic or just/harmonic tuning for all instruments, with fine-tuning capability.
- Up to 2 simultaneous Tanpuras
- High-quality Tanpura sounds with all popular Tanpura patterns included
- Adjustable Tanpura tempo and strumming speed of 4 Tanpura strings independently
- Option to slightly vary the Tanpura plucking delays randomly for better realism
- Tap on the screen twice to set exact Taal tempo, as required
This is a trial version of the application with following limitations:
- Playback restricted to 5 minutes every hour
- To unlock full functionality and remove time-limits above, click "Buy" option on the main screen and purchase a license.
For more information and details of licenses, visit our web site http://www.taalmala.com.
Licensing policy: http://www.taalmala.com/licensing_policy.shtml
If you are unable to purchase via App Store for any reason, please contact us at email@example.com and we will help you.
SwarMandal only works on latest Apple hardware better than iPhone 5 or iPad Air/iPad Pro. You can still use Taal and Lehra on older hardware. Please ensure that the desired functionality works on your device of choice before purchasing.
- Fixed idle screen time-out issue
- Support for latest versions of iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Great concept but feels like beta product
I am in the field of IT and software development so my review is principally from that viewpoint. At the same time, I descend from a very impressive line of classically trained famous musicians. So I do have very good idea of where this product fits and its potential.
This software fills a space that is much needed to promote and make shastriya sangeet (Hindustani and Carnatic) accessible to musical lovers, budding musicians, teachers and amateur/professional alike. The idea is fantastic!
However, the software is horribly buggy. I have installed on iPads (old to the latest - yes, I do have several); iPhones and they all exhibit very annoying problems like hanging, not releasing control to iOS when the home button is pressed, buttons on the display just freezing (unresponsive), UI being extremely cluttered (too dense).
I would have released it as beta and not even think about charging money till the bugs are ironed out.
Let me reiterate, conceptually this a great product. Work on the interface, remove the bugs and I will be one of your customers.
Good App for music players
It is a very good app for people who play Indian music. I bought the premium version for $39 and it is worth it
One item the app lacks is documentation. It would be good to some basic instruction e.g. if I want to play only tabla without any other instrument, how to do that. I sent emails to the developer and he told me how to do it. Also it would be helpful if the developer has some basic explanation of the various beats
But overall it is a very good app and I recommend it
The Concept Of The App Is Good But.....
The overall program is very buggy. It is not iOS8 comaptible for iphone or ipod touch. It will just show a blank screen. The main mixers on the settings page do not work even on ipad. That is there is no audiobus capability makes this app fairly useless to the majority that might want to buy this app as I did only to be rudely disappointed. This app needs an update. There are better Tabla Tanpura apps on the istore that include no glitches and have audiobus. Wish now 30$ I had done more research.
Thank you for your feedback. We have made many improvements in the app in last 2 years since you reviewed it. Would you kindly try again and write to us with your feedback? You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abhijit Patait
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1998-2018 TaalMala.com
- In-App Purchases
- TaalMala Basic Edition $15.99
- TaalMala Premium Edition $39.99
- TaalMala Classic Edition $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.