Tab Notes Free
By Catalystwo Limited
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Thank you for using Tab Notes Free.
30,000 users with average 4½ star rating!
Tab Notes Free is a Menu Bar application which keeps your notes tidy and easy to access and your screen uncluttered. Click on your screen edge, then a note pops up!
Watch the demonstration video here ▶ https://vimeo.com/62485482
• Click on your screen's edge to take a note.
• Document file types are conventional RTF (Rich Text) and RTFD (Rich Text with images). Not proprietary format. (This application uses "Comment" property in RTF. )
• Documents folder can be any folder in your home folder.
• Supports versioning. OSX keeps documents' previous versions. (This app does not contain version browser. Please use TextEdit to browse version files.)
• Customisable with original themes created in Tab Notes Theme Editor:
* This application is a "menu bar app". The application icon does not appear in "Dock". Instead it appears in main menu bar. You can change preferences from the icon in the main menu bar.
Q. The application does not open. It does't work.
A. This app is a menu bar app. App icon does not appear in Dock. It is designed to serve you discreetly without occupying Dock space. The application icon appears in the right part of the main menu bar at the top of the screen.
Q. Tab did not appear. Where can I add my notes?
A. Just click the screen edge. Please see the video https://vimeo.com/62485482
Q. It would not let me delete the app.
A. Finder does not let you delete an app that is currently running. Quit the app first. To quit the app, choose Quit from this application's menu in the main menu bar at the top of the screen. (Even though this app may be running, while in stand by, its CPU power usage is almost nothing.)
Q. Isn't there any "Preferences" for this app?
A. Yes there are. The menu icon of this app is located in the right part of the main menu bar at the top of the screen. You can choose this app's Preferences here.
Q. How do I change themes or background colour?
A. Press and hold Control key then click a tab. Contextual menu appears. (Depending on device configurations, right-click on mouse or two finger click on track pad may be used.)
Copyright CuteCritters http://www.Tutorial9.net/
Copyright SpoonGraphics http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk
What's New in Version 1.4.1
• Removed unnecessary link to CloudKit Framework ... works on Mavericks again.
Very nice app
full control of where you put the folder to allow easy secure backups. Nice icon on screen allows it to stay out the way. Kill the stickies app and use this.
doesn’t work after most recent update
i liked this app well enough, but now it doesn’t open after the most recent update. the “support” page is not helpful in terms of reporting or even helping to fix this problem.